Fly into your research!
The practice of research and scholarship is being rapidly transformed as the power of information, computing and networks create new opportunities and challenges current policy and practice.
Training for Higher Degree Researchers
These workshops are targeted to you along all stages of the research lifecycle.
Be pro-active. Get off to a smart start by participating in these sessions.
- Online research survey tool (3hrs)
- EndNote (2hrs)
- Copyright, plagiarism and publishing integrity (1hr)
- Managing information resources and writing your literature review (2hrs)
- Managing your research data (1.5hrs)
- Build and leverage your research profile (1hr)
- Strategic publishing (1.5hrs)
- Track, measure and demonstrate impact (1.5hrs)
- Developing your academic argument (2hrs)
- Academic writing expectations at the HDR level (1.5hrs)
- Improving writing quality before submission (1.5hrs)
- Editing your writing (2hrs)
Strategic Publishing Guidelines for Authors
Publishing the results of your research or practice is a necessary step in the scholarly process.
Strategic planning is important and targeting the best outlets possible in each particular discipline is a priority to improve the likelihood of your work making an impact and being cited.
What membership do we have?
We are paid members of a number of societies and associations. As part of these memberships, we receive access to journals. In some cases, you can also contribute, free of charge, to particular journals as part of the membership.
Best Practice Data Guidelines for Researchers
As a researcher, you are responsible for efficiently and responsibly carrying out your research and for communicating the results of research effectively. Good data management can save you time and give you peace of mind that your data is not at risk. If you are not subject to commercial or ethical restrictions, you can also increase your research profile by including data outputs as part of your dissemination strategy.
But wait there's more...
Subscribe to INSight to receive the latest news on innovation, technology, library resources, online tools, social media trends, research and workshops. INSight is a monthly electronic newsletter for Griffith University academic, professional or general staff members.