Promoting safe, respectful campus communities at Griffith University
Sexual assault and sexual harassment are not tolerated at Griffith University. All members of our University community have a right to feel welcome, safe and supported. We are committed to providing safe and inclusive communities, on-campus and online, which are free from harassment, bullying, discrimination and assault. We encourage all members of the Griffith community to call out, report and seek support if disrespectful behaviours occur.
IT'S ON ALL OF US
At Griffith University, we all share a responsibility to create respectful and safe campus communities, where assault, harassment and disrespectful behaviours are not tolerated. As part of a range of awareness and education activities, the University hosts an annual sexual violence awareness and prevention campaign, It's On All Of Us.
- It’s on all of us to recognise when something's not right;
- It's on all of us to be effective bystanders;
- It's on all of us to know how to support our friends and colleagues;
- It's on all of us to call out and report disrespectful behaviour;
- It's on all of us to create safe campus communities.
Webinars and virtual events were hosted in August 2020, including:
- Sport and Violence Prevention: making change through action, activism and research
- Keeping safe online is everyone’s business
- Respectfully challenging problematic behaviours
You can find out more by browsing this site, checking out the MATE Bystander Program site and completing the MATE Bystander online modules, and completing Recognise. Respond. Refer. online for staff or students on Learning@Griffith.
MATE BYSTANDER PROGRAM
MATE is a primary prevention education program that focises on the role of bystanders in our community. Students and staff can complete the MATE Program online through Learning@Griffith.