The University is committed to an equitable and fair study and work environment. Feedback of all kinds is welcomed by the University as this information helps us to identify what we are doing well and where we need to improve our services and systems.
The University has established policies and procedures to support students and staff to resolve legitimate complaints that cannot be resolved informally. All complaints and grievances are taken seriously and are responded to in a timely manner.
Complaints made on behalf of a person with limited capacity to themselves make a complaint will be accepted.
The Student Complaints Policy and Procedures apply to all currently enrolled students who wish to raise an issue or concern about their treatment as a student, the quality or delivery of a service provided by the University, or the conduct of University staff or other students. Additional information on the student complaints process, making and resolving a complaint can be found on the Student Complaints website.
The following matters that may concern students are addressed under other University policies and procedures:
- academic and administrative decisions made by the University;
- student sexual assault, harassment, bullying and discrimination by a student;
- sexual assault and sexual harassment, harassment, bullying and discrimination by staff.
The Code of Conduct provides guidance on expected standards of staff behaviour and how staff are to conduct their duties and related activities.
The following policy and procedures provide advice about how staff may make a complaint or public interest disclosure or report a grievance.
- Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblower) Policy (refer to the University’s Whistleblowing website for more information about making a public interest disclosure)
- Workplace bullying, harassment and discrimination by staff
- Reporting and Resolution of Staff Sexual Assault, Harassment, Bullying and Discrimination Procedures
- Griffith University Privacy Plan
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Individual Grievance Resolution Procedure
Other complaints or concerns about a matter related to the University that do not fall into one of the categories listed above may be referred to the Vice President (Corporate Services).
Complaints Contact Information
For Student complaints
Visit the Student Complaints website for information on the student complaints process and to access the student complaints form.
For all other complaints
Telephone: +61 7 373 57111
By mail: Vice President (Corporate Services), Griffith University, Nathan campus QLD 4111
If you are dissatisfied with the response to your complaint or grievance and have exhausted all internal processes for review, you may refer the issue to the appropriate external authority, as detailed in the relevant policy or procedure.