We offer a small number of placements each year to students who are enrolled in university courses accredited by the Australian Library and Information Association that contain a mandatory placement requirement.
- Placements usually take place in April/May and August/September, however dates outside these periods may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Due to the high demand for placements, students should register at least 6 months before the required start date.
- Students will be contacted to discuss their workplace requirements including any assessment.
- Griffith University Library reserves the right to decline work placements, particularly during peak periods.
Work placement students should:
- Be available on a regular and continuing basis for the length of the project or placement
- Comply with policies, rules and regulations of the workplace
- Work under the supervision of the nominated staff member and undertake the specific duties as outlined by their supervisor.
The Library may end a work placement at any time if it considers that an individual has not abided by the terms of the agreement.
The Library will:
- Provide appropriate induction including but not limited to Health and Safety in the Library workplace
- Provide training and guidance to enable students to undertake assigned tasks within timeframes
- Endeavour to assign work consistent with placement requirements
- Provide supervisor/s to co-ordinate the work placement projects or tasks with the student
- Provide regular reviews and end of work placement evaluation.