We offer a small number of placements each year to students who are enrolled in university courses accredited by the Australian Library and Information Association that contain a mandatory placement requirement.
- Placements are available from February to November.
- Due to the high demand, placements can only be offered to students undertaking a postgraduate library and information program, that includes a mandatory placement requirement.
- Griffith University values diversity, inclusion and flexibility and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
- Griffith University Library reserves the right to decline work placements, particularly during peak periods. Application rounds close on 31 March and 31 October annually.
Work placement students should:
- Be available on a regular and continuing basis for the length of the project or placement
- Comply with policies, rules and regulations of the workplace
- Work under the supervision of the nominated staff member and undertake the specific duties as outlined by their supervisor.
The Library may end a work placement at any time if it considers that an individual has not abided by the terms of the agreement.
The Library will:
- Provide appropriate induction including but not limited to Health and Safety in the Library workplace
- Provide training and guidance to enable students to undertake assigned tasks within timeframes
- Endeavour to assign work consistent with placement requirements
- Provide supervisor/s to co-ordinate the work placement projects or tasks with the student
- Provide regular reviews and end of work placement evaluation.