This guide will assist you in understanding how to reference for your assignment. It contains examples to help you format your in-text citations and reference list.
The Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) referencing style is a numbered style, meaning in-text citations are represented by a number , ,  or  -  and used to acknowledge ideas of author(s) you have included in the body of your assignment. The details of these citations are then included in a reference list, organised numerically not alphabetically, at the end of your assignment.
- S. G. Kochan, Programming in C. NJ, USA: Addison-Wesley, 2015.
- M. A. Taylor, “Exploring inferential analysis,” in Information System Research: Fundamentals of Scientific Research for the Consumer, New York, NY, USA: Momentum Press, 2017, ch. 8, pp. 127-137. [Online]. Available: http://ebookcentral-proquest.com
- H. Hofmann, “Generalized odds rations for visual modelling,” J. Comput. and Graphical Statist., vol. 10, no. 4, pp.628–640, 2001. [Online]. Available: www-tandfonline-com
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Energy Use and Electricity Generation, Australia, 2017-18 (cat. no. 4660.0). Canberra: ABS, 2019. [Online]. Available: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats. [Accessed: Aug. 7, 2019].
- D. Ibrahim, Advanced PIC Microcontroller Projects in C. Kidlington, United Kingdom: Newnes, 2014. [Online]. Available: http://library-books24x7.com
- J. Lee, “Modeling computer integrated construction site management,” M.S. thesis, School of Engineering, Griffith Univ., Gold Coast, Australia, 2004. [Online]. Available: https://research-repository.griffith.edu.au/handle/10072/368089
- M. Ward, Presenter, and Oliver Christie, Speaker, “Artificial intelligence for good,” The Disruptors: The future of all of us, Nov. 14, 2018. United States: The Disruptors. [Podcast]. Available: https://disruptors.fm/65-artificial-intelligence-for-good-xprize-adivsor-oliver-christie/ . [Accessed: Aug. 4, 2019].
- J. Aston, private communication, Jul. 2018.
- Bridge design – Part 1: Scope and general principles, AS 5100.1:2017, 2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.standards.org.au/standards-catalogue/others/sa/as--5100-dot-1-colon-2017
- TEDx Talks, Sydney, Australia. The promise and Peril of Our Quantum Future: Craig Costello. (Jul. 15, 2019). Accessed: Aug. 12, 2019. [Online Video]. Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR9stQH6ltw
- J. O. Williams, “Narrow-band analyzer,” Ph.D. dissertation, Dept. Elect. Eng., Harvard Univ., Cambridge, MA, USA, 1993.
- D. Donoho, “50 years of data science,” J. Comput and Graphical Statist., vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 745–766, Dec. 2017, doi: 10.1080/10618600.2017.1384734.
- S. Ren, G. A. Agha, and M. Saito, “A modular approach to programming distributed real-time systems,” IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 36, pp. 4-12, 1996.
- Engineers Australia, “Engineering technologist.” Engineers Australia. https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/For-Individuals/Engineering-Technologist (accessed Aug. 3, 2019).
- C. Adler, G. Klink, M. Feil, F. Ansorge and H. Reichl, "Assembly of ultra thin and flexible ICs," in 4th Int. Conf. on Adhesive Joining and Coating Technol. in Electron. Manuf. Proc. Presented at Adhesives in Electronics 2000, Espoo, Finland, 2000, pp. 20-23.
- J. Smith. (2019). Introduction to Programming Fundamentals [PowerPoint slides]. Available: www.bblean.griffith.edu.au
- S. Savarese, H Rushmeier, F Bernardini and P Perona, “Implementation of a shadow carving system for shape capture,” in Proc. 1st Int. Symp. 3D Data Processing Vis. and Transmiss., Jun. 2002, pp. 12–23, doi: 10.1109/TDPVT.2002.1024034.
- A. Yates and N. Greet, “Energy security Australia: Crafting a comprehensive energy security policy,” Engineers Australia, Canberra, Australia, 2014. [Online]. Available: https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/resources/Public%20Affairs/Energy%20Security%20for%20Australia%20-%20Crafting%20a%20Comprehensive%20Energy%20Security%20Policy.pdf
- D. Caratelli, M. C. Viganó, G. Toso, and P. Angeletti, “Analytical placement technique for sparse arrays,” presented at the 32nd ESA Antenna Workshop, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, Oct. 5–8, 2010.
- B. Lindell, “IoT: an introduction to use in the workplace,” unpublished. [Online]. Accessed: http://www.iotworkplace.com.au/papers/2018/03/lindell
- Trinket (2018), Trinket. Accessed: Apr. 25, 2019. [Online]. Available: trinket.io
- K. Burman. “The IoT on a growth path,” The Sydney Morning Herald: Commercial Real Estate, p. 26, Aug. 12, 2017.
- Solar water heating process by B. Bourke. (Dec. 22, 2004). Australia Patent 2004303898 [Online]. Available: http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/ols/auspat/applicationDetails.do?applicationNo=200430389
- A. Barnard and G. Opletal, Palladium Nanoparticle Data Set, vol. 1, Canberra: CSIRO, 2019. doi: 10.25919/5d3958ee6f239
- C. Wilson-Clark, "Computers ranked as key literacy," The West Australian, para. 3, March 29, 2004. [Online]. Available: http://www.thewest.com.au. [Accessed Sept. 18, 2019].
- MATLAB 9.5 (2018), MathWorks.
- J. Riley, "Call for new look at skilled migrants," The Australian, p. 35, May 31, 2005. [Online]. Available: Factiva, http://global.factiva.com. [Accessed Aug. 15, 2019].
We recommend you print or save using a different browser. Edge will not capture the whole guide (only the open accordion).
- File > Print
- Save as PDF
- Save As: enter a file name
- Cancel print window
- In Safari, on your phone, tap the Share button
- Tap Print and select your printer
- To save PDF, tap on the page preview and zoom out (place two fingers on the screen and move them away from each other)
- Tap the Share button again
- Choose Save to Files
- In Chrome, on your phone, tap the Share button
- Tap Menu (ellipsis or three dots in the upper right corner)
- Tap Share
- Tap Print
- From the Select a printer drop-down, tap Save as PDF
- Tap the blue circle to download the PDF
Referencing information is provided as a guide only and is based on the official manual or other authoritative sources where available. Users are directed to confirm specific referencing requirements with their course convenor and to consult the manual directly for more information.