Stay healthy so you can study and work well
Access preventative and practical help to look after yourself while you study and work. We provide a range of medical and ancillary services for students and staff of the University.
Currently we offer:
- face-to-face consultations, telehealth consultations for medical consultations not requiring a physical examination, as well as all mental health nurse, psychologist and psychiatrist appointments
- flu vaccinations for students and staff
- student immunisations for clinical placement
- COVID-19 vaccination clinics at Nathan and Gold Coast campuses
Are you a new student? Do you need vaccines and serology for your degree?
Book an appointment online with the nurse to discuss mandatory vaccine and serology requirements for your degree. All initial course immunisations must be seen by the nurse in the first instance, who will then organise an appointment with the doctor.
Sexually transmissible infections (STIs) are common and increasing in Australia, including Queensland. Keep yourself safe, healthy and sexy with regular testing, protection and correct sexual health information.
Online Health and Wellness Centre
Griffith's new Online Health and Wellness Centre is a portal designed to increase student awareness and understanding of mental health concerns, and learn tips for promoting better health and wellbeing such as living a healthy lifestyle, engaging in meaningful social activity, feeling safe, stable and secure, and looking after your mental wellness.
Information for staff supporting students
If you're a Griffith staff member, you can access a range of training, tools and resources to help support student mental health and wellbeing.
See the supporting students section of the Online Health and Wellness Centre to find out more.
We are a COVID-19 vaccination provider
Health and Medical Services Nathan and Gold Coast is an approved vaccination provider for Pfizer and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines. We are happy to help provide COVID-19 immunisation for our local and wider community.
Key points to know
- Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines are available at Nathan and Gold Coast campuses.
- Check your eligibility to be vaccinated.
- If you are eligible, either:
- Book your appointment for both your first and second doses.
- Ensure you are enrolled in Medicare and your details are up to date.
- Available to the wider community.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are voluntary and free.
See vaccinations for more details.
Contact Health and Medical Services
PLEASE NOTE: Telehealth consultations are now available. Please book online or contact your desired location.
- (07) 5552 8734
- Level 1, Student Centre (G33)
- University Drive, Southport QLD 4215
- (07) 3735 7299
- Level 1, Sewell (N12)
- Kessels Road, Nathan QLD 4111
Gold Coast and Nathan
National Home Doctor Service
- 137 425
13 HEALTH is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders.
You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
- 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
Allianz Care Australia offers OSHC and OVHC Visitors Plus members a service that allows you to speak to a qualified doctor 24/7 via phone or video call.
See their website for more information about this free service.
For all medical emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) for ambulance from any phone or 112 from a mobile. Then report the emergency to Griffith security, call 3735 7777.
Visit the emergency room of nearby public hospital (free emergency care to Australian residents):
- The Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital at Cnr Kessels Rd and Troughton Rd, Coopers Plains
- Princess Alexandra Hospital at 199 Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba
- Gold Coast University Hospital at 1 Hospital Blvd, Southport
Designed by the Australian government, Emergency+ assists emergency services to find you in critical situations.