Laying a platform towards remarkable research through innovation and collaboration
Griffith Sciences’ expertise across the traditional disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics is matched by a superior understanding of the impacts and opportunities presented through continued technological advancement. This creates the bedrock of learning and teaching strategies, while also translating into successful research outcomes across a broad range of scientific fields.
Griffith researchers are providing scientific solutions to global challenges through our research. Griffith was named in Nature, the world’s leading multidisciplinary science journal, as the Nature Index Rising Star for the Oceania region in 2018.
Through our research institutes ongoing engagement with governments and communities at all levels, plus the instigation of global industry collaboration ensures beneficial outcomes across society.
Our facilities are equipped with the latest in state-of-the-art technologies to optimise our world-class areas of expertise.
So diverse and wide-ranging is the scope of research initiatives that numerous centres of expertise not only assist the activities of our world-class institutes but are global leaders in their own right.
- Australian Research Centre for Human Evolution
- Centre for Clean Environment and Energy
- Centre for Quantum Dynamics
- Griffith Centre for Coastal Management
- Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre
Higher Degree Research
If you’re interested in research that makes a difference, we’d love you to join our community. We offer a broad range of higher degree research supervisors and support to assist you with your chosen research project. We’re also seeking higher degree research candidates for a range of high-profile projects, across our research centres and institutes.
Facilities and programs
- ARC Research Hub for Driving Farming Productivity and Disease Prevention
- Griffith Climate Change Response Program
- Griffith Sciences Technical Solutions
- Griffith University DNA Sequencing Facility
- Griffith University Magnetic Resonance Facility
- National Hydrogen Materials Reference Facility
- Compounds Australia
- Queensland Microtechnology Facility