If you are a current Griffith undergraduate student you can apply for an internal transfer if you wish to study another Griffith undergraduate program.
Who can apply for an internal transfer?
- Current continuing undergraduate students
- Commencing undergraduate students
- Students on leave or returning from leave of absence
- Students entitled to Readmission
- Deferred students
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- the admission requirements for the new program including prerequisites
- satisfy special selection criteria where applicable
- apply by the application close date (applications must be received by the date specified in the academic calendar)
- not be excluded from a Griffith program
- there must be places available in the new program.
You would not be eligible to apply via internal transfer if you are applying:
- For an Honours program. There is a specific application and assessment process for Honours programs.
- For Bachelor of Laws Graduate Entry, Bachelor of Dental Health Science, or Bachelor of Medical Science and Bachelor of Physiotherapy. You can apply for these programs via the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC).
- Through QTAC or UAC.
Identical criteria are used whether applications are assessed at Griffith University, QTAC or UAC. Prerequisites and additional criteria must be satisfied. Information about prerequisites and specific criteria for each program can be found on the Programs and courses webpage.
The entry rank required for Trimester 1 internal transfer is the rank established for the program in the major round. For Trimester 2 internal transfer, the entry rank used is the rank set Trimester 2 major offer round.
You will receive an email to your Griffith student email address with the outcome of your application. Many applications for internal transfer may not be able to be completed until all current Trimester results are finalised. For highly competitive programs, you may not receive the outcome of your application until closer to the Trimester start date.
A student may only enrol in the program to which they have received an admission offer. You will need to enrol in your new approved program.
Award of credit on transfer
You do not need to apply for credit when your transfer is approved. This will be done as part of the transfer process and you will be advised of the outcome. For further information on the credit process you can visit Credit and articulation.
Change to fees
For Commonwealth Supported students, changing your program could change your Fees Band. For International students there may be a change to the tuition fee applicable to the new program or the new semester of commencement. Visit Fees and charges.
Unsuccessful outcome and options
If you are not successful in obtaining a place in the tertiary program that most interests you, there are a number of ways to increase your chances of gaining a place in the future. Visit the pathways This process is often called 'upgrading' or 'pathways'.
Visit Pathways for information on options to increase your chances of gaining a place at Griffith.
Application closing dates
Trimester 1, 2 and 3 - Two weeks prior to commencement of classes.
Applications received by 30 October for most programs will be finalised before Trimester 1 Enrolment opens. Applications close on 31 October each year for continuing Conservatorium students to apply for internal transfer to another Conservatorium program for Trimester 1 the following year. Applications close on 15 August each year for other continuing students to apply for transfer to a Conservatorium program for Trimester 1 the following year (to meet audition requirements).
For exceptions, check Program and courses (under Admission requirements for the program). Entry is also dependant upon places being available.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.