Making the switch

If you are a current Griffith undergraduate student, you can apply for an internal transfer if you wish to study another Griffith undergraduate program.


Domestic students

You can apply for an internal transfer if you are:

  • a current continuing undergraduate student
  • a commencing undergraduate student
  • on leave or returning from leave of absence
  • entitled to readmission
  • a deferred student.

International students

You can apply for an internal transfer if you are a current continuing undergraduate student.

If you haven't started at Griffith yet and want to change your program, campus or defer your start date you will need to submit a new application via the International Online Application System.

For other options visit taking a break from study.

You will need to meet the following criteria:

  • admission requirements for the new program including prerequisites
  • special selection criteria where applicable
  • apply by the application close date (applications must be received by the date specified in the academic calendar)
  • not be excluded from a Griffith program
  • there must be places available in the new program.

Identical criteria is used whether applications are assessed at Griffith University, QTAC or UAC. Prerequisites and additional criteria must be satisfied.

Information about the entry requirements, including prerequisites, for each program can be found on the Degree and career finder.

You won't be eligible to apply via internal transfer if you are applying:

  • for some honours programs. There is a specific application and assessment process for honours programs.
  • for Bachelor of Laws Graduate Entry, Bachelor of Dental Health Science, Bachelor of Medical Science or Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Midwifery and Queensland Conservatorium programs for non QCGU students. You can apply for these programs via QTAC for Trimester 1, 2020.
  • for Bachelor of Nursing—for applicants with prior Nursing study that meets the Advanced Standing pathway.
  • through QTAC or UAC.

Minimum Selection Rank

The minimum Selection Rank from the Trimester 1 January offer round will be the Selection Rank required for Internal Transfer into Trimester 2 or 3 in the same calendar year.

Application progress

You will receive an email to your Griffith student email address with the outcome of your application. Many applications for internal transfer may not be able to be completed until all current Trimester results are finalised. For highly competitive programs, you may not receive the outcome of your application until closer to the Trimester start date.


Apply now for internal transfer

Application closing dates

Trimester 1, 2 and 3 – For most programs, applications close two weeks prior to commencement of classes.

23 August 2019: Last date for non-QCGU students to apply for internal transfer to QCGU programs.

31 October: Applications close each year for students to apply for internal transfer to another Conservatorium program for Trimester 1 the following year. For exceptions, check Program and courses (under Admission requirements for the program). Admission is also dependent upon places being available.

Trimester 1, 2020

Applications for some programs for the Trimester 1, 2020 intake may close early. This website will be updated by the end of May with any additional specific early close dates.

Applications for the Bachelor of Education will close on 31 January 2020.

Refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.



You may only enrol in the program you've received an admission offer for. You will need to enrol in your new approved program.

Award of credit on transfer

You do not need to apply for credit when your transfer is approved. This will be done as part of the transfer process and you will be advised of the outcome. For further information on the credit process you can visit Credit transfer.

Change to fees

For Commonwealth Supported students, changing your program could change your Fees Band. For International students there may be a change to the tuition fee applicable to the new program or the new semester of commencement. Visit Paying your fees.

Unsuccessful outcome and options

If you are not successful in obtaining a place in the tertiary program that most interests you, there are a number of ways to increase your chances of gaining a place in the future.

This process is often called 'upgrading' or 'admission pathways'.

If you are a domestic student, you can visit Admission Pathways to Griffith

for information on options to increase your chances of gaining a place at Griffith.

If you are an international student, see Understanding Entry Requirements


Call us on 1800 154 055