Find out how to apply for readmission to study at Griffith University.
If you are a former student who has been excluded from Griffith you may apply for readmission to Griffith. The intention of exclusion is not to disbar a student from any further attempt at tertiary education. However, the interests of the University must be protected in admission decisions involving former students who have been excluded.
If you are a previously excluded Griffith University student seeking readmission into the same program or readmission and internal transfer into a different program, you may not be admitted until at least nine calendar months have elapsed. After this time, you may be readmitted into the same program at Griffith University's discretion.
Factors such as changed circumstances, academic or vocational performance since exclusion, maturity and motivation may be considered in the determination of readmission. If you are seeking readmission after exclusion you should provide full details of these factors together with relevant documentation with your application.
If you have applied to Griffith without completing an application for readmission after exclusion, you will be requested to complete this. This may delay the processing of your application.
Excluded by another university
If you are under suspension or permanent/temporary exclusion from any tertiary institution or course (whether in Australia or elsewhere), you are required to include all details of the exclusion or suspension in your QTAC or UAC application. You will not be considered for an offer until your period of exclusion from the other institution has elapsed.
Applications will be considered on the basis of an appropriate written statement and supporting documentation supplied with the QTAC/UAC application, as long as you have served the appropriate period of exclusion.
Written statement criteria
The written statement outlines your claim for admission and should address the following criteria:
- Reasons for previous performance. You should show previous circumstances (e.g. financial, medical, personal, vocational) contributing to the failure have been overcome, are unlikely to recur and you are likely to succeed in your study.
- Changes in circumstance since the exclusion decision. If you have overcome a medical condition you should supply a statement from a medical practitioner confirming the recovery and your capacity to return to studies.
- Post-exclusion academic performance: You need to provide academic transcripts or other documents to QTAC/UAC.
- Post-exclusion vocational performance: You should provide employment references which state the nature of the position held and length of service and include comments on the level and nature of performance in the position.
- Maturity and motivation.
Application closing dates
There are two different types of readmission:
- Lapsed enrolment/withdrawal. Applications need to be lodged two weeks before the start of trimester.
- Academic standing: Applications need to be lodged three months before the start of trimester.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.