As an active Griffith staff member (including casual and sessional staff) or research student, you are entitled to use the Griffith Wi-Fi or wired networks to access the Internet for work related purposes.
Your use of the Internet must be for appropriate and legitimate purposes associated with University business in accordance with the Griffith University Information Technology Code of Practice. All Internet traffic is monitored and logged to your staff account.
ABOUT STAFF INTERNET
You can access the Internet when on campus via the Griffith Wi-Fi and wired networks. General staff accounts for continuing, fixed term, sessional and research students include:
- unlimited Internet access for business purposes (if you are unsure of what is considered acceptable usage, please speak to your supervisor)
- automatic email notifications when usage exceeds $20, $50 or if there is any unusual activity
- monitoring and reporting on all Internet traffic provided to your Head of Element for review
- costs associated with your account reviewed and paid for by Griffith Digital Solutions
- access to check your own Internet usage via My Internet Account.
How can I reduce my Internet costs?
Please be aware that all Griffith University Internet usage is monitored and as a courtesy we inform Heads of School/Departments of any unusual or excessive activity.
See our tips to help you reduce costs.
CASUAL STAFF INTERNET ACCESS
- unlimited Internet downloads during off-peak hours (classified as free usage)
- unlimited access to Griffith sites and specific on-net educational sites (classified as free usage)
- 20GB work allowance per month of peak hour, off-net downloads; shaped at a slower connection speed* ( 64kbps ) once the 20GB has been used.
- ability for supervisors to purchase additional quota on your behalf by submitting the Internet quota purchase request
- usage reset on the 1st day of the month
- access to check your own Internet usage.
Casual employees will automatically receive Internet access within 48 hours of receiving a staff ID number.
Account activation and deactivation
When can I access my account?
When does my account deactivate?
All costs associated with Internet account are paid from a central University account. Internet usage is monitored and reported to Head of School or Division on a monthly basis.
Log a request via the Griffith IT Service Centre if you require additional Internet usage reports.