About the service
The Internet access service provides Griffith students with:
- Unlimited free internet downloads during off-peak hours (all weekend and between 5pm and 8am weekdays).
- 50GB internet downloads during peak times at full speed* (Up to 1Gbps)
- Unlimited Internet downloads at a slower connection speed* (64kbps) once the 50GB has been used
- Free access to Griffith sites and specific educational sites
- All usage is reset on the 1st day of the month
- Access to My Internet Account to check your own usage
* Download speeds are dependent on connection speeds of your device and your location.
The Internet access service provides Griffith staff with:
- An Internet account that automatically journals usage back to the relevant department on a monthly basis.
- Free internet during off-peak hours which includes all weekend and between 5pm and 8am weekdays. (Although Internet traffic will still be monitored during this period, it will appear in the usage history as Free)
- Free access to all On-Net sites
- Automatic alerts when usage exceeds $50 in any given month
- Access to My Internet Account which provides a summary of monthly usage and various reports.
Other account types
We have a variety of options for guests of the University to access the Internet using our Griffith Wi-Fi. We can also create internet accounts for staff who require internet access for equipment. Find out more about other account types.
This service is available to
Academic staff, Professional staff, HDR students, Undergraduate students, Postgraduate students, Visitors