The Internet access service provides Internet access for education and research purposes, and records data downloads against your student or staff sNumber. Use My Internet Account to check your usage (requires VPN if accessing from off campus). When accessing these types of services, you must ensure they are used in accordance with the University's Information Technology Code of Practice. This Code of Practice applies irrespective of where the University information technology resources are accessed and used, and includes use at home.
Internet at Griffith is available via Wi-Fi on campus and desktop computers libraries and labs. Students also have access to course-specific computers, while staff may have wired internet access via their desktop computer.
HIGH USAGE ALERTS (EMAILS)
The University automatically sends an email to alert you if you if your Internet usage is high. It will be sent from Griffith University IAS. This is a courtesy only and enables you to self-regulate an appropriate level of usage in accordance with the Griffith University Information Technology Code of Practice.
We recommend that you check you own account to ensure the usage is legitimate and complies with University guidelines.
Cyber Security Alert Service
Stay up-to-date with the latest cyber security news, threats and advisories here.
Alerts, news and advisories
- Watch out for online shopping scams this holiday season
- Scams Awareness Week 2020 - Can you spot the scams?
- What is a technical support phone scam?
- Beware of fake COVID-19 emails giving out false facts and spreading misinformation
- Scammers targeting Australians by sending text messages themed around COVID-19
- Scammers are impersonating World Health Organisation in relation to the Coronavirus
- Australia Cyber Security Centre BlueKeep exploitation
- Test your knowledge with Google's phishing quiz
- ANU Data Breach information
- Is your password protected?
Keep your device up-to-date to protect from the latest exploits and vulnerabilities.