Access by clicking the Student Office 365 link below. Alternatively go to the Student Office 365 Quick link from your myGriffith portal and login using your sNumber and password.
26 Oct: EMAIL MOVING FROM GMAIL TO OUTLOOK
The move to Microsoft 365 includes migrating all existing Google Email, Calendar and Contacts from Gmail to Outlook 365 for active students.
Important: About the move to Outlook (Oct 26)
Dates to remember
Friday 26 October 5PM: All new email will be delivered to Outlook 365.Friday 26 from 5PM to Sunday 28: All existing Google Email, Contacts and Calendar will be moved from Gmail to Outlook 365. Monday 29 October: All email, contacts and calendar will be available in Outlook 365 account. Gmail (email), calendar, contacts and hangouts will be disabled.
How to access Outlook
The links to Student email will be updated from Gmail to Outlook from 5PM on Friday 26 October.You can access via:
Your email address stays the same!
You will be able to access Outlook with the same student email address: @griffithuni.edu.au
What happens to Google Drive and Apps
Access to Google Drive documents and apps (excluding email, calendar, contacts and hangouts) will continue until further notice.
A new link Google Drive and Apps will be available in MyGriffith quick links and you can login as usual.
Post move check
On Monday 29 October, there are a couple of things you need to do:
Access email on your laptop or mobile device
Get email online
The supported method for accessing email is online from your laptop or computer is via a web browser.
- Go to the MyGriffith student portal. Under Quick links, select Student Email.
- Enter mail.griffithuni.edu.au in your web browser then sign in with your Griffith Username (sNumber) and password
Outlook and 365 Apps for your mobile device
Head to your App Store to download Outlook and 365 apps for free
- Official Microsoft apps are the recommended and secure method of accessing content on mobile devices.
- In accordance with University security policy, POP or IMAP access has been disabled by default.
Have you changed your Griffith Password?
You will need to reset your Skype for Business password when changing your Griffith Single Sign-on password.
Skype for Business automatically logs in using your old password, which will cause you to be locked out of Griffith Single sign-on accounts including WiFi. This issue will be resolved when the new version of Skype for Business is released.
Have you used Skype (consumer)?
Skype for Business and Skype (consumer) can run simultaneously, but they must have a different email account.
If you have previously used Skype (consumer) with your Griffith email address, you will need to change the email to a personal address.
Benefits of 365
The move to Office 365 is the result of a partnership between Griffith University and Microsoft to transform the educational programs and experience of our students both in and beyond the classroom.
Benefits of 365 include:
- Access to documents from anywhere (including China!), anytime, with online document creation, storage and collaboration
- Integrated tools to help you connect with other students or staff from across the University community
- New applications including Microsoft Teams, a digital hub that brings chat, documents and meetings together in one place
- Online versions of Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to download Office Apps to 5 PC / Mac in addition to 5 tablets and 5 phones per user
- Access to new apps and features released by Microsoft to our 365 subscription