Mobile Technology Services
Griffith University provides a range of mobile technology services that can help you on your way to becoming more mobile with your study or work. Our goal is to provide the Griffith community with the ability to access information and services in mobile device friendly formats, so that they can do what they need to do anywhere, anytime.
The Griffith App
The Griffith App has been updated to a new look and feel and includes Single Sign-on across a number of modules. Available via the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
Some application features may require user location services to be enabled; however, this is not a requirement to use non-location based features. The Griffith App does not collect or store user’s location data.
As the previous version of the Griffith App is no longer being supported, it is highly recommended that you update to the new Griffith App (version 5.0.0).
Blackboard by Blackboard.inc is an app designed especially for students to view content and participate in courses in Learning@Griffith. The app is available on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices.
Students can use the app to access their courses from their phone. They can view course content, get their marks, complete work, and participate in class.
Blackboard enables you to stay current with your course no matter where you are:
- View test, assignment, and course marks as soon as they’re available
- Participate in discussions and take tests and assignments
- Attach assignment files using Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive
Ready to download Blackboard?
- Access the Apple, Google, or Microsoft app store and search for Blackboard
- Install the Blackboard app on your mobile device
- Open Blackboard and search for Griffith University as the name of your School
- Sign in with your existing Griffith University student username and password.
If you have questions about how to use Blackboard please see Blackboard Help for further information
Accessing Office 365 Applications (including Outlook email)
How do I access Outlook email?
The supported method for accessing email online from your laptop or computer is via a web browser.
- Go to the myGriffith student portal > click Email link (top right) OR
- Enter mail.griffithuni.edu.au in your web browser, sign in with your Griffith username ('s' number) and password.
How do I install Office 365 applications on a PC or Mac?
Students can download and install Office 365 applications directly from the Microsoft Office 365 Portal. This is the only method available for installing on personal / home computers.
How do I install Office 365 applications on my mobile device?
The official Microsoft apps are the only recommended and secure method of accessing your content on mobile devices.