About this service
This service supports wireless connection to Griffith’s online resources such as Learning@Griffith, myGriffith, shared drives and the staff portal.
The service also covers remote access to online resources and the internet.
This service is for
What to expect
There are three wi-fi networks at Griffith University:
eduroam is an agreement between educational institutions to share access to their wi-fi networks to enable inter-institutional roaming. Griffith University staff and students who visit other universities can connect to another university's eduroam wi-fi network.
Griffith Public wi-fi
Griffith Public Wi-Fi is a pay-per-use wi-fi network intended for visiting patrons to Griffith University who do not have a staff portal account and are not from an eduroam-participating institution.
Griffith’s wi-fi service supports large range of laptop and mobile devices. Setup guides are available for various operating systems to configure personal computer to use the Griffith University and eduroam wi-fi networks. Once connected to our wif-fi network, the following services are also available:
- student wi-fi printing, which enables printing from a laptop to any campus common-use printer
- network storage, which provides Griffith University staff and students with secure access to personal files stored on the Griffith File Servers.
The service provides flexible remote access to university resources including modem dial-up and wi-fi broadband, whether in Australia or abroad.
Internet access and usage
The internet access service provides Griffith students with:
- unlimited free internet downloads during off-peak hours (all weekend and between 5 pm and 8 am weekdays)
- 50GB internet downloads during peak times at full speed* (up to 1Gbps)
- unlimited Internet downloads at a slower connection speed* (64kbps) once the 50GB has been used
- free access to Griffith sites and specific educational sites.
All usage is reset on the first day of the month. Students can check usage at My Internet Account. Download speeds are dependent on connection speeds of your device and your location. Details on account activation are available online.
The Internet access service provides Griffith staff with:
- an internet account that reports back to the relevant department on monthly usage
- free internet during off-peak hours, which includes all weekends and between 5 pm and 8 am weekdays (although Internet traffic will still be monitored during this period, it will appear in the usage history as free)
- free access to all on-net sites
- automatic alerts when usage exceeds $50 in any given month
- access to My Internet Account, which provides a summary of monthly usage and various reports.
Details on account activation are available online.
There is no cost associated with the use of this service. Internet usage charges are paid for by the University.
We are very interested in hearing what you think of our services