As an active Griffith staff member (including casual and sessional staff) or research student, you are entitled to use the Griffith Wi-Fi or wired networks to access the Internet for work related purposes.
Your use of the Internet must be for appropriate and legitimate purposes associated with University business in accordance with the Griffith University Information Technology Code of Practice. All Internet traffic is monitored and logged to your staff account.
CASUAL STAFF INTERNET ACCESS
- unlimited Internet downloads during off-peak hours (classified as free usage)
- unlimited access to Griffith sites and specific on-net educational sites (classified as free usage)
- 5GB work allowance per month of peak hour, off-net downloads; shaped at a slower connection speed* ( 64kbps ) once the 5GB has been used.
- ability for supervisors to purchase additional quota on your behalf by submitting the Internet quota purchase request
- usage reset on the 1st day of the month
- access to check your own Internet usage.
Casual employees will automatically receive Internet access within 48 hours of receiving a staff ID number.
Account activation and deactivation
When can I access my account?
When does my account deactivate?
All costs associated with Internet account are paid from a central University account. Internet usage is monitored and reported to Head of School or Division on a monthly basis.
Log a request via the Griffith IT Service Centre if you require additional Internet usage reports.