How to change your password
Changing your password regularly is one of the most effective ways to protect your intellectual property. Griffith encourages password changes by emailing notifications when your password is due to expire:
- 6 months after a password change, or
- the next time you login after receiving a temporary password, or
- the next time you login after resetting your password using the password phone service.
Use our guide below to help with your password change. Very similar to Forgotten Passwords, but does not need your birth date. Alternatively, the password phone service will require the following details saved in the Staff Portal or myGriffith, at least 24 hours beforehand:
- Your sNumber
- Australian mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Australian postcode.
Changing your password from home
These instructions are specifically for staff who are using a Griffith laptop or desktop from home.
If your password has expired, please follow the steps below to reset your password.
1. Select Change password on the Single Sign On page, or go directly to Password Self Service. Enter your (sNumber) and your current, or temporary password and login.
2. Select Change Password from the menu, and The Code of Conduct will be displayed for your perusal. Select I agree and Continue.
3. Enter your new password, ensuring it meets the criteria. A password meter will indicate it's strength. Weak passwords will not be accepted. Confirm your new password once you're satisfied and select Change password