Symplectic Elements at Griffith!
Griffith University successfully launched new software Symplectic Elements to collect and manage research outputs. Symplectic Elements replaced the Research Outputs Management module in RIMS.
Academic staff have access to the new system to add, check or manage their research outputs, or simply to get familiar with it. A quick start guide is available as well as detailed user guides and support.
For further information on Symplectic Elements at Griffith please contact the project email email@example.com
The Griffith Experts Replacement project is progressing well with Go Live of the new system scheduled for October 2019. The project team has been busy engaging with members of our research community, and conducting consultation sessions to further refine the solution. Many thanks to those who have contributed to this exercise.
A reminder that the NEW Griffith Experts is based on a module of Symplectic Elements and will provide researchers with a clean, simple and robust profiling tool.
What are the benefits of the change?
- Creates a professional, scalable and easily maintained public presence
- Clean consistent layout provides an improved user experience
- Researchers will be more easily discoverable by external audiences (potential PhD candidates, collaborators, research stakeholders and media)
- Profiles will be automatically populated with data captured and managed inside Symplectic Elements
- Features a mobile responsive design
- Curated updates are available on the researcher’s profile within minutes
What do researchers need to do now?
Simply watch this space. Continue to not update your profile in Symplectic Elements, as any edits will be overwritten during the migration of existing information from the current Griffith Experts.
When is the change taking place?
The NEW Griffith Experts will be implemented in a staged fashion, with October being the first planned rollout. Further enhancements will follow. Details of the rollout will be broadly communicated regularly.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a sneak peek at the new Griffith Experts
Check your outputs
You can check if your research publications and outputs are in the new Symplectic Elements system.
For creative research outputs, refer to this Quick Reference Guide
If you have a question, or experience an issue with Elements, raise a support ticket here