The University Health, Safety and Wellbeing Team
Our role is to provide a harmonised approach to health, safety, wellbeing (HSW) and injury management to the University and its staff. This includes:
- setting the direction and policy for HSW across the University;
- ensuring a consistent approach to the management of HSW across the University;
- providing advice and support for our clients on general health and safety matters in specialist areas such as biosafety, chemicals, radiation, rehabilitation and injury management;
- providing specialist support and advice for regulated areas such as biosafety, biosecurity and radiation;
- managing early intervention programs and coordinating staff wellbeing initiatives and programs (including employee assistance program and injury management).
The bushfire threat is high. We’re proud of our smoke free campuses, however your safety is our number one priority. Smoking in the bush puts everyone in danger. Temporary designated smoking areas have been reinstated at Gold Coast, Mt Gravatt and Nathan campuses for your safety until the bushfire threat is no longer high. Logan and Southbank campuses remain smoke free.
Wildfires are a major threat to Queensland homes and businesses. The devastation caused by bushfires has been estimated to cost $1.6 billion annually to the Australian taxpayer and can lead to loss of life for both animals and people. At Griffith, we recognise the real threat of an uncontrolled bushfire and need everyone’s help to prevent them.
GSafe - Safety management system
Log an incident / injury / hazard / near miss
Complete a risk assessment / audit / lab application
Griffith University is committed to supporting and enhancing the wellbeing of its staff. The Wellbeing Program provides opportunities for employees to improve their wellbeing, and focuses on four key areas; healthy lifestyle, community, minds and places.
Available at Gold Coast and Nathan campuses for only $5 per session. For times and locations, please contact:
Nicole Graham: email@example.com (Nathan and Gold Coast)