At Griffith, everyone belongs...
Equity has always been part of our ethos as a University and as an employer. We aim to be a University where people want to work. This requires practices and policies to build a work environment which reflects the diversity of Australian society and where people and performance are valued.
Professor Ian O'Connor, Vice Chancellor and President
Equity and diversity is everybody's business
It's everyone's responsibility at Griffith to ensure equity and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) are part of the work and study environment. Equal Employment Opportunity means that all people, regardless of gender, race, colour, age, marital or parental status, sexuality, gender identity, disability or religious belief have the same access to employment opportunities and conditions, and can expect to work in an environment that is free of discrimination or harassment.
Our Mission statement declares its commitment to:
- positively influencing our communities through teaching, research and scholarly activities
- promoting the respect of individual rights and ethical standards
- participatory decision making and problem solving
- recognising and valuing diversity
- recognising our first peoples and enabling their continued contribution to the nation.
The Griffith University Equity and Diversity Plan 2014-2017 outlines the Universities goals and priorities around First Peoples attraction and retention, supporting women and inclusion for all.
Students can access further information on the Student Services page.