Notice anything phishy?
Why should I report incidents?
If you are a Griffith staff or student member, Information Security policy requires you to report any cyber security incidents. Reporting goes a long way to protecting staff and student identities, data and reputation and may significantly reduce damage to the University and its community.
Incidents can include:
- unauthorised system access (hacking)
- password compromise
- malware (viruses)
- phishing and ransomware attacks
- denial of service attacks
- website defacement and data breaches
What does an incident look like?
Cyber security incidents can include a range of different events such as:
If you're unsure whether an incident falls under one of these categories, please get in touch.
How do I report a security incident?
To report a phishing or other suspicious emails, forward the email to the IT Service Centre firstname.lastname@example.org.
- dates and times
- people and places involved
- any impact you are aware of
- any other background information