Top cyber security tips for at home
Secure your home Wi-Fi:
- Change the default SSID
- Turn off SSID broadcasting
- Use WPA2 compliant passwords
- Change routers default configuration password
- Keep up to date with cyber security news
- Be careful what you click on
- Download software from trusted legitimate sources
- Protect your data and use encryption
- Create secure back-ups of important data
Cyber Security Alert Service
Stay up-to-date with the latest cyber security news, threats and advisories here.
Alerts, news and advisories
- Watch out for online shopping scams this holiday season
- Scams Awareness Week 2020 - Can you spot the scams?
- What is a technical support phone scam?
- Beware of fake COVID-19 emails giving out false facts and spreading misinformation
- Scammers targeting Australians by sending text messages themed around COVID-19
- Scammers are impersonating World Health Organisation in relation to the Coronavirus
- Australia Cyber Security Centre BlueKeep exploitation
- Test your knowledge with Google's phishing quiz
- ANU Data Breach information
- Is your password protected?
Keep your device up-to-date to protect from the latest exploits and vulnerabilities.