I am a
- High school student
- Mature student (18+)
- International student
You’re considered an international student if you are:
- intending to study on a student visa, or
- not an Australian citizen, or New Zealand citizen residing in Australia, or
- not a holder of an Australian permanent residency, or
- not a holder of an Australian humanitarian visa
- Parent or guardian
I'm interested in
My child is interested in
Where would you like to study?
Where would your child like to study?
Professional development and short courses
- We offer a range of professional development courses.
- Find out more
Get the right advice on study options and support for mature age and postgraduate students.
At Griffith, we recognise that not everyone comes to university straight from high school. That's why we offer Mature Student Open Evenings, giving you the opportunity to find out more about your options and how study can fit into your life.
No matter whether you're returning to university after a few years off, starting study for the first time or looking for a postgraduate degree to further your career, we can can help you find the right study path.
May event details
Monday 11 May, 5 – 6 pm
Join our webinar to discover how studying online at Griffith can give you the flexibility to study without giving up full-time work or compromising on family time. Meet your lecturers, chat with our Student Advisers and get information about your study options as well as the range of dedicated support services available.
South Bank: Tuesday 12 May, 4 – 6 pm
Gold Coast: Thursday 14 May, 4 – 6 pm
Chat one-to-one with our academic, admissions and future students staff in a relaxed, market-style atmosphere.
Drop in anytime between 4 and 6 pm to find out:
- what to expect from your chosen degree
- how we recognise prior learning and credit transfer
- our range of support services
- admission pathways and the application process
- ways of financing your degree, including over 600 scholarship options
Griffith is a world-class university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence.
Our learning spaces inspire creativity, promote collaboration and encourage innovation.
Innovative teaching and learning
Our world-class research and industry connections inform our degrees and our students gain real-world experience.
Support to reach your goals
Our award-winning teaching team and support services are dedicated to helping you succeed at university.
International network of graduates
Join our alumni network of more than 200,000 Griffith graduates making an impact around the world.
Ranked top 2% worldwide
Griffith ranks alongside some of the best universities in the world.
Our degrees have an international focus, preparing you for work almost anywhere in the world.
Australia’s top teachers
Griffith has received more Australian Awards for University Teaching than any other university.
Support to help you succeed
At Griffith, more than half our new students have been working or doing other things since high school, which means we’re experienced at helping you fit university study into your life. Whether you are working full time or busy with your family, you'll feel welcomed and supported throughout your study journey at Griffith. We're committed to providing the support you need to achieve your goals, whatever your circumstances.
Our trimester system means you’ll have more flexibility and greater control over your studies and with multiple intakes each year, you can start when it suits you.
- Study over two or three trimesters each year
- Pick up or drop classes each trimester and pace your study to suit your needs
- Fast-track by studying over three trimesters and finish sooner
- Study full-time or part-time, from one to four courses each trimester
- With three intakes each year, you can start when it suits you
Our next trimester begins in July, so you don't need to wait until next year to start study.
We know that mature students have to juggle work, life and study. To help you feel confident and succeed in your studies, we offer a range of support services.
- Learning support services
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Peer mentoring
- Health services
- Job search and career development
- Specialised support for students with disabilities
- Welfare support
- Technical and IT support
- Dedicated support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
Study online, on-campus or both
Depending on your degree, you can study, learn and connect face-to-face, 100% online or a combination of both. Around 40% of our students study at least one course (subject) online.
- Six campuses to choose from including our Digital campus
- Mix and match study modes to suit your changing needs
- Study online when and where you want
- Get the same support whether studying online or on-campus
- Classes can include online or face-to-face lectures and tutorials, workshops and laboratory classes on-campus, and practical learning through industry placements or overseas study.
We have a range of on-campus accommodation options, from dormitory-style rooms to furnished flats. We can also connect you with off-campus alternatives.
Life at Griffith
University doesn't have to be all work and no play. At Griffith, there are many ways to balance lifestyle and learning, and make like-minded friends along the way.