To take some pressure off you during the coronavirus pandemic, Griffith has made some adjustments to assessment task extensions. The maximum extension of time for an assessment task (that is not an exam) will be increased as follows:
- Medical grounds with a medical certificate – a maximum period of 21 calendar days instead of 14 calendar days may be applied by the Course Convenor
- Bereavement – a maximum period of 21 calendar days instead of 14 calendar days may be applied by the Course Convenor
All you need to know about assignment extensions, deferred assessment, special consideration and alternate exam sittings
Modified assessment arrangements may be provided to a student in the event that their capacity to demonstrate their true level of competence in an assessment item was, is, or will be significantly impaired as a result of medical, compassionate or extenuating circumstances.
Discover more about each assessment application type
Supporting documentation for all application types
- Accident – statutory declaration, police report, fire officer report
- Bereavement – bereavement notice or statutory declaration
- Medical/illness/temporary disability – medical certificate
- Other compassionate circumstances – statutory declaration
- Personal safety issues – police report, statutory declaration
- Sporting or cultural commitment – letter from sporting body (this include Griffith Sports College), letter from religious leader or church group
- Technical difficulties – timestamped screenshot, proof of help request, statutory declaration
- Work commitments – letter from employer on company letterhead
- Alternate Exam Sitting Applications only: individual timetable falls outside timetable guidelines – no documentation is required, but you will need to indicate how your timetable is being impacted
- Alternate Exam Sitting Applications only: residing in different time zone – no documentation is required
HOW TO APPLY
By clicking on 'Apply' you will be taken to a landing page which will guide you through to the correct application type.
You will be notified of the outcome of your assessment application by email. The status and outcome of each application can be viewed using 'My application status'.