Griffith Business School (GBS) is offering tuition fee waiver scholarships for commencing students in specific Masters and Graduate Certificate postgraduate business programs.
(Excludes all Accelerated Online programs and Open University Australia (OUA) programs.)
The Postgraduate Business Scholarship is a tuition fee waiver valued at $10,000. This is paid in 2 instalments of $5,000 against the fees.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- have met the entry requirements for admission to specific Masters and Graduate Certificate postgraduate business programs hosted by the Griffith Business School*
- be a commencing student, not an existing continuing student
- not be in receipt of any form of financial support related to study from another Griffith Business School funded scholarship
(*Excludes all Accelerated Online programs and Open University Australia (OUA) programs.)
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
Study details - postgraduate program information.
- Referee reports: must have one referee report that supports your application (can be attached to CV)
- Personal statements: Program Specific- Business: Applicants must be able to address how they have achieved at least two of the following, in their personal or professional life in a personal statement:
- Performance excellence- a recognised achievement or award
- Responsible leadership- leadership that demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour
- Sustainable business practices- social, financial, and/or environmental practices that lead to sustainable business and communities
- Respect for others- embracing diversity and demonstrating respect for difference of backgrounds and points of view
- Global orientation- demonstrate how you are preparing yourself to be a global citizen
Supporting documentation: (Please us only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other (optional): any relevant supporting documentation that will qualify your personal statement.
Masters recipients: A tuition fee waiver valued at $10,000, payable in instalments of $5,000 against the tuition fees, or as appropriate if further instalments are required to expend the scholarship.
Graduate Certificate recipients: The scholarship is valued at $5,000 payable against the Graduate Certificate tuition fees. Should the recipient progress immediately to a GBS Masters level program (programs may or may not be nested), an additional $5,000 will be paid towards the tuition fees for the Masters level studies.
Graduate Certificate student who do not progress to Masters level study will only be eligible for the Graduate Certificate allocation of $5,000 from this scholarship.
Contributions to your tuition fees are made prior to the census date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
Griffith Business School is offering fee waiver scholarships for commencing students in specific Masters and Graduate Certificate postgraduate business programs. (Excludes all Accelerated Online programs and Open University Australia (OUA) programs.)
The selection criteria for these scholarships will align with the Griffith Business School's values which include performance excellence, responsible leadership, sustainable business practices, respect for others, and a global orientation. With a range of high quality postgraduate masters programs available, many unique to Griffith, we look forward to welcoming suitable candidates.
Remaining eligible for the scholarship is conditional on you:
- Maintaining a Good Academic Standing
- Remaining enrolled in the Griffith Postgraduate Business program
- If a recipient of a scholarship changes their program of study to another postgraduate coursework program offered by Griffith Business School, the scholarship will be retained (unless the program is Accelerated Online or Open University Australia (OUA) program).
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students in any circumstances.
- Griffith Business School reserves the right to not award all or some of the scholarships in a given trimester or year.
- Recipients have a maximum of two (2) years to complete their Graduate Certificate or four (4) years to complete their Masters degree.
- Recipients agree to participate in reasonable promotional activity related to the scholarship, at the School's request.
The scholarship will be forfeited if:
- The recipient changes their program of study to a program offered by another faculty
- The recipient cancels their enrolment in the program
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, it is at the discretion of the selection committee to withhold the trimester instalment, or terminate the scholarship.
Successful applicants cannot be in receipt of any other scholarship or bursary funded by Griffith University.
Applications, including Referee Reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.