The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science offers an annual scholarship to Bachelor of Arts (Honours) candidates on the Gold Coast, Nathan and digital campuses. The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science Honours Scholarship is available to highly motivated students who have recently completed their undergraduate degree in arts, communication, journalism, languages and linguistics or social science and have an interest in pursuing research in these fields.
Maximum value is $2,000 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 12 pm Friday 19 March 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- have recently completed an undergraduate degree in arts, communication, journalism, languages and linguistics or social science, and achieved a minimum GPA of 6
- be eligible for admission into, and have applied to commence full-time study (40CP per trimester) in the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science, Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree (2005 or 2007) in Trimester 1 2021.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program (current students)
- Tertiary education history (commencing students)
- Program preferences (commencing students)
- Honours and research topics: Supply information relating to a specific research topic/project you will undertake during your honours program, and identity a principal supervisor from within the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science. You are encouraged to explain the importance and timeliness of your research, and to make a strong case for your project being supported through the scholarship.
- Personal Statement
- Career goals and aims: Outline your academic journey and achievements to date.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. Please use only the following formats: PDF, Word, jpg or Excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted.
- Supporting documentation
- Other: If your undergraduate degree was NOT completed at Griffith University, please upload a copy of your transcript
Maximum value is $2,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $1,000 are payable in Trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the census date, subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.