The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science offers an annual scholarship to Humanities Honours candidates on both the Gold Coast and Nathan campus. The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science Honours Scholarship is available to highly motivated students who have recently completed their undergraduate degree in Arts, Communication or Journalism and have an interest in pursuing research in Arts, Communication and/or Journalism.
Maximum value is $3,000, payable in two instalments.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- have recently completed an undergraduate degree in Arts, Communication or Journalism
- be enrolled in or be eligible for admissions into one of the following School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science Honours Programs:
- Bachelor of Art (Honours) (2005 or 2007);
- Bachelor of Languages and Linguistics (Honours) (2023);
- Bachelor of Journalism (Honours) (2104); or
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) (2105)
- have a GPA of 6 or above.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: Full-time (40CP per trimester), GPA 6 or above
- Honours and research topics: You are required as part of this application to supply information relating to a specific research topic/project you will undertake and identify a principal supervisor from within the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science.
Maximum value is $3,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $1,500 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.