The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science offers an annual scholarship to Humanities Honours candidates on both the Gold Coast and Nathan campus. The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science Honours Scholarship is available to highly motivated students who have recently completed their undergraduate degree in Arts, Communication or Journalism and have an interest in pursuing research in Arts, Communication and/or Journalism.
Maximum value is $3,000, payable in two instalments.
Apply by: 4pm Friday 6 March 2020
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- have recently completed an undergraduate degree in Arts, Communication or Journalism and achieved a minimum GPA of 6
- be full-time (40CP per trimester) enrolled in or be eligible for full-time admissions into one of the following School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science Honours Programs:
- Bachelor of Art (Honours) (2005 or 2007)
- Bachelor of Languages and Linguistics (Honours) (2023)
- Bachelor of Journalism (Honours) (2104)
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) (2105)
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program (current students)
- Tertiary education history: Academic Merit – GPA 6 or above
- Program preferences (commencing students)
- Honours and research topics: Applicants are required to supply information relating to a specific research topic/project that they will undertake during their Honours program of study, and identity a principal supervisor from within the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science. Applicants are encouraged to explain the importance and timeliness of their research, and to make a strong case for their project being supported through the Honours scholarship.
- Personal Statement
- Career goals and aims: outline your academic journey and achievements to date
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting documentation
- Other: If your undergraduate degree was NOT completed at Griffith University, upload a copy of your transcript
Maximum value is $3,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $1,500 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.