Open doors to industry and unlock a world of opportunities
Griffith students get inside access to industry with many of our degrees offering work placements, overseas field trips and industry projects for real clients.
With critical roles to play in shaping current and future trends, our industry connections give you practical work experience that will put into perspective the knowledge you are gaining and enhance your skills.
- Channel 9
- Channel 7
- Channel 10
- Gold Coast Bulletin
- Courier Mail
- Surfing Australia
- 4EB 98.1FM
- Queensland Rugby League
- Brisbane Roar
- Ruby PR
- QLD Tourism Industry Council
- Media Hunt
- Broadbeach Alliance
- Stage Addiction
- Gold Coast Show
- RSPCA QLD
- BBS Communications
- Scrunch PR
- The Good Guide
- City of Gold Coast
- Phillips Group
Arts, Languages and Social Science
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce
- Littles Lawyers
- Wellbeing for Communities
- Tourism Confucius Institute
- Benowa State High School
- Guardian Angels Primary School
- Co.as.it Community Services
- Societá Dante Alighieri
- Paradise Point Parkrun
- Australian National Events team
- Matt Ward Entertainment
- Blues on Broadbeach
- Immerse yourself in Italian language and culture as you spend a minimum of two months assisting as an English Language Assistant in Italian schools.
- Choose to live and work in either picturesque Cividale del Friuli, Parma, Genova, Cagliari (in Sardinia) or Rome.
- This program is available to students studying Italian through the Griffith Assistants Program (GAP) in conjunction with a short-term Mobility and work-experience.
For more information contact: Dr Sara Visocnik
- Advance your Japanese knowledge and skills through our new two-month program to Japan takes place in Tokyo, Osaka or Nigata during Trimester 3.
- It involves intensive Japanese training in the first four weeks, followed by another four weeks of internship placement in your field of study.
- This program is available to second and third-year undergraduates, including honours, who already have the foundation of Japanese knowledge and communicative skills.
For more information contact: Dr Taeko Imura
'I enjoyed the Independent internship because I was able to work in a real life situation and gain experience all while practicing Japanese. I met wonderful people dedicated to their field and having the opportunity to expand one's knowledge outside the classroom is truly an invaluable experience.'
Evangelina Sakugawa, Bachelor of Languages and Linguistics.
'Through this course, you will develop advanced professional knowledge and skills related to your major as well as make connections for your future career. Independent Internships will teach you the necessary skills of flexibility, taking initiative and working on a variety of tasks in different environments.' Dr Kumiko Katayama, Independent Internship Convenor.
REBECCA MASTERS, SENIOR PRODUCER, 9NEWS.COM.AU
Rebecca Masters is a firm believer in the power of internships. The senior producer with 9news.com.au landed a graduate cadetship with a regional newspaper simply because she had made such a strong impression when she’d completed an internship there. ‘Having this practical experience built into the Griffith journalism degree gave me the push I needed to get out there into some newsrooms, gain some practical knowledge and build relationships,’ Rebecca says.
Would you like to partner with us or know more about our internships?
Overseas study tours
2019 Visiting Scholar Seminar Series - The Debatability of Racism: Postracialism, digital media and...
16 Dec 2019 11 am – 16 Dec 2019 1 pm
Dr Gavan Titley, Maynooth University, Ireland will present his new book Racism and Media and talk on what he terms the debatability of racism. The...
Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
The JLPT is an internationally recognised qualification which tests the Japanese proficiency of non-native speakers. In Brisbane, both the July and December tests are administered by the School of Humanities, Languages, and Social Science, Griffith University on behalf of the Japan Foundation and are open to all non-native Japanese speakers. For further information about the July and December tests, please refer to:
Follow us on Facebook @jlptbrisbane
Language Teachers’ Forum
Our Language Teachers’ Forum brings together language teachers and researchers and others interested in language teaching. Join us for some great discussions on new ideas and directions. It is also a great way for current teachers to earn hours towards the Professional Development requirements of the Qld. College of Teachers. Contact Leigh Kirwan for more details.
View previous Forums