Open doors to industry and unlock a world of opportunities
Griffith students get inside access to industry with many of our degrees offering work placements, overseas field trips and industry projects for real clients.
With critical roles to play in shaping current and future trends, our industry connections give you practical work experience that will put into perspective the knowledge you are gaining and enhance your skills.
- Channel 9
- Channel 7
- Channel 10
- Gold Coast Bulletin
- Courier Mail
- Surfing Australia
- 4EB 98.1FM
- Queensland Rugby League
- Brisbane Roar
- Ruby PR
- QLD Tourism Industry Council
- Media Hunt
- Broadbeach Alliance
- Stage Addiction
- Gold Coast Show
- RSPCA QLD
- BBS Communications
- Scrunch PR
- The Good Guide
- City of Gold Coast
- Phillips Group
Arts, Languages and Social Science
- Japanese Chamber of Commerce
- Littles Lawyers
- Wellbeing for Communities
- Tourism Confucius Institute
- Benowa State High School
- Guardian Angels Primary School
- Co.as.it Community Services
- Societá Dante Alighieri
- Paradise Point Parkrun
- Australian National Events team
- Matt Ward Entertainment
- Blues on Broadbeach
- Immerse yourself in Italian language and culture as you spend a minimum of two months assisting as an English Language Assistant in Italian schools.
- Choose to live and work in either picturesque Cividale del Friuli, Parma, Genova, Cagliari (in Sardinia) or Rome.
- This program is available to students studying Italian through the Griffith Assistants Program (GAP) in conjunction with a short-term Mobility and work-experience.
For more information contact: Dr Sara Visocnik
- Advance your Japanese knowledge and skills through our new two-month program to Japan takes place in Tokyo, Osaka or Nigata during Trimester 3.
- It involves intensive Japanese training in the first four weeks, followed by another four weeks of internship placement in your field of study.
- This program is available to second and third-year undergraduates, including honours, who already have the foundation of Japanese knowledge and communicative skills.
For more information contact: Dr Taeko Imura
REBECCA MASTERS, SENIOR PRODUCER, 9NEWS.COM.AU
Rebecca Masters is a firm believer in the power of internships. The senior producer with 9news.com.au landed a graduate cadetship with a regional newspaper simply because she had made such a strong impression when she’d completed an internship there. ‘Having this practical experience built into the Griffith journalism degree gave me the push I needed to get out there into some newsrooms, gain some practical knowledge and build relationships,’ Rebecca says.
Would you like to partner with us or know more about our internships?
Japan study tour
- Deepen your understanding and appreciation for the Japanese language and culture with a unique learning experience.
- There is always something new to do in Japan, so the itinerary changes slightly each year to capitalise on the best
Japan has to offer. The tour always provides the perfect mixture of culture, history, nature and fun and generally runs over three to four weeks.
- You can expect everything from picturesque mountain towns and breath-taking nature walks to authentic homestay experiences and the hustle and bustle of Japan’s larger cities like Tokyo.
Muslim World study tour
- Discover the diverse people, history and culture of Islamic civilisation in this unique four week international tour.
- Deepen your understanding by travelling to Malaysia, Turkey, Spain and Morocco.
- Engage directly with the wonders, diversity and challenges of Islamic civilisation, enhance your interpersonal and intercultural skills and knowledge and expand your network of contacts, associates and friends.
Oceanic Narratives - Connecting Indonesian and Australian Storytellers
- Travel to Bali and participate in learning activities designed in collaboration with the University of Pendidikan Ganesha in Singaraja including workshop activities, cultural site visits and readings.
- Complete an internship with the Ubud Writers and Readers Festival tailored to suit your career goals. You will spend one week in your internship prior to the commencement of the festival then undertake key roles in the effective delivery of the program.
- Produce a creative writing folio focused on your Indonesian experience.
China study tour
- You will experience some of China’s most traditional culture and through non-traditional means. In each destination, you will gain a strong understanding of the local history, culture, geography, and cuisine.
- The course is open to students from any discipline (although Chinese language students are especially encouraged to apply).
- Contact Dr Rowan Michael for more details.
South Pacific study tour
- Two-week study tour to New Caledonia and French Polynesia (Tahiti) introduces you to the politics, societies, and cultures of the South Pacific.
- Explore the complex historical, racial, geostrategic and economic dimensions of France's ambiguous role as a South Pacific power.
- Contact A/Prof Sven Schottmann for more details.
Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
The JLPT is an internationally recognised qualification which tests the Japanese proficiency of non-native speakers. In Brisbane, both the July and December tests are administered by the School of Humanities, Languages, and Social Science, Griffith University on behalf of the Japan Foundation and are open to all non-native Japanese speakers. For further information about the July and December tests, please refer to:
Follow us on Facebook @jlptbrisbane
Language Teachers’ Forum
Our Language Teachers’ Forum brings together language teachers and researchers and others interested in language teaching. Join us for some great discussions on new ideas and directions. It is also a great way for current teachers to earn hours towards the Professional Development requirements of the Qld. College of Teachers. Contact Leigh Kirwan for more details.
View previous Forums