The teacher preparation programs provide quality professional experience opportunities
The School of Education and Professional Studies provides students with quality on-the-job supervised teaching experiences—called professional experience placements—within primary and secondary schools. The Griffith University teacher preparation programs are offered at both undergraduate and graduate entry levels.
Professional experience provides the link between theory and practice by giving you opportunities to be immersed in the real teaching world. Simply put, professional experience is 'on-the-job' preparation for teaching. Teacher education students are 'preservice teachers'.
Whilst our students are usually placed in local schools, there are opportunities for professional experience placements in rural, remote and culturally diverse locations within Australia and overseas.
Professional experience placements give you an opportunity to:
- appreciate diverse communities
- make informed decisions about future employment options
- challenge preconceived ideas about what it’s like working and living in rural, remote and international locations
- enhance your employment prospects with access to school, local community and regional resources and networks.
Our strong relationships with schools and industry partners prepare you for gaining employment when you graduate.
SONIA PLACEMENT SYSTEM
Enter the Professional Placement database using the link below.
Once you are in the database, select School of Education and Professional Studies and log in using your student username and password.
Blue card information
Students must hold a Blue Card before starting their placement. Students who do not make an application, or who do apply but are ineligible to hold a Blue Card, will not be able to undertake the professional experience components of the program. Application forms are on Learning@Griffith.
Your placement resource. Find general placement information, policies, forms and more on Learning@Griffith
Whether you're beginning your study or continuing at a higher level, our degrees provide a unique opportunity to follow a specific interest in a particular area.
Degree options if you haven't previously completed a degree
Degree options if you already have a non-Education degree and are looking for a career change
For teachers and other professionals looking to take their skills and their career to new heights, there are a range of postgraduate study options to complement your existing qualifications
- Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Graduate Certificate in Autism Studies
- Master of Autism Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Development
- Master of Training and Development
- Graduate Certificate in Special Needs Education
- Master of Special Needs and Intervention Education
- Master of Education
- Master of Educational Studies