Our experienced staff are dedicated to providing a high quality learning experience
Many staff in the School of Education and Professional Studies are recognised nationally and internationally as leaders in their fields with a range of teaching awards and research grants reflecting their strengths.
The academic staff bring a rich range of experiences from diverse locations and contexts in schools, industry, business and community organisations, providing a kaleidoscope of experiences for students to engage with. Many have worked in universities outside of Australia and the school has active links with leading universities nationally and internationally, helping to provide students a genuine sense of global connectedness.
Associate Professor Jeanne Allen
Coordinator, Higher Degree Research
Jeanne Allen is an Associate Professor of Teacher Education at Griffith University. She has worked in tertiary education since 2005 after an extensive career in secondary teaching and school leadership. Her research expertise is in teacher education, standardised educational contexts, teacher identity, and student engagement and retention.
Associate Professor Judith Kearney
Coordinator, Community Partnerships
Judith’s research interests focus on literacy pedagogy and the effects of cultural and linguistic diversity on teaching practice. She is particularly interested in social inclusion issues and community development and is working with community organisations such a Voice of Samoan People (VOSP) to enhance educational opportunities for its members.
Dr Kay Hartwig
Dr Kay Hartwig is a Senior Lecturer in music and music education. She has had experience in teaching music from preschool through to year 12 students in the school sector, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate in the tertiary section. Kay is currently responsible for the development and implementation of school-wide strategies and processes in the area of internationalisation.
Dr Mia O'Brien
Coordinator, Teacher Education and Professional Practice
Dr Mia O'Brien is a senior lecturer in the School of Education and Professional studies and is currently the Coordinator of Initial Teacher Education and Professional Experience. Her areas of specialisation are pedagogy, professional learning and the application of positive psychologies to school and classroom contexts.
School Manager (Acting)
- Ms Thea Anderson - Executive Support Officer (Data and Reporting)
- Ms Shelley Gawronski - PA to the Dean and Head of School
- Ms Natasha Richardson - Administrative Support Officer (Mount Gravatt campus)
- Ms Alannah Worlley - Administrative Support Officer (Gold Coast campus)
- Ms Katherine Watts- Administrative Support Officer (Mount Gravatt campus)
Program Support Officers
- Ms Diane Burns - Mt Gravatt campus
- Ms Catherine Dennett - Logan campus
- Ms Kristina Mattar - Gold Coast campus (acting)
Academic Support Officers
Marketing Communications Officer
Professional Experience Office
- Ms Sarah Buckler - Administrator - Gold Coast, Logan and Mt Gravatt
- Ms Melissa Parker - Placement Officer - Secondary Mt Gravatt and Logan programs
- Ms Lauretta Roebuck - Placement Officer - Primary Mt Gravatt programs
- Mrs Renee Hogben - Placement Officer - Secondary Gold Coast programs
- Ms Katherine Tucker - Placement Officer - Primary Gold Coast programs
- Ms Sue Wilkinson - Team Leader - Gold Coast, Logan and Mt Gravatt
Professional Learning Hub
- Mr Shaun Charles - Technical Officer
- Ms Mary-Ellen Feldhagen - Administration Officer
- Mr David Noonan - Business Development Officer, PL Hub