Our experienced staff are dedicated to providing a high quality learning experience
Many staff in the School of Education and Professional Studies are recognised nationally and internationally as leaders in their fields with a range of teaching awards and research grants reflecting their strengths.
The academic staff bring a rich range of experiences from diverse locations and contexts in schools, industry, business and community organisations, providing a kaleidoscope of experiences for students to engage with. Many have worked in universities outside of Australia and the school has active links with leading universities nationally and internationally, helping to provide students a genuine sense of global connectedness.
Associate Professor Sarojni Choy
Coordinator, Higher Degree Research
Dr Sarojni Choy is an Associate Professor of Professional, Continuing and Vocational Education. Sarojni’s roles as an active researcher, project manager and policy officer within the Australian vocational education system formed a sound basis for her expertise in vocational education and training, workplace learning, employment based training, continuing education and training, and workforce capacity building.
Associate Professor Judith Kearney
Coordinator, Community Partnerships
Judith’s research interests focus on literacy pedagogy and the effects of cultural and linguistic diversity on teaching practice. She is particularly interested in social inclusion issues and community development and is working with community organisations such a Voice of Samoan People (VOSP) to enhance educational opportunities for its members.
Dr Kay Hartwig
Dr Kay Hartwig is a Senior Lecturer in music and music education. She has had experience in teaching music from preschool through to year 12 students in the school sector, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate in the tertiary section. Kay is currently responsible for the development and implementation of school-wide strategies and processes in the area of internationalisation.
- Ms Thea Anderson - Executive Support Officer (Data and Reporting)
- Ms Shelley Gawronski - PA to the Dean and Head of School
- Ms Natasha Richardson - Administrative Support Officer (Mount Gravatt campus)
- Ms Alex Smith - Administrative Support Officer (Gold Coast campus)
- Ms Katherine Watts- Administrative Support Officer (Mount Gravatt campus)
Program Support Officers
- Ms Diane Burns - Mt Gravatt campus
- Ms Catherine Dennett - Logan campus
- Ms Ruth Watkins - Gold Coast campus
Academic Support Officers
- Ms Kristina Mattar - Gold Coast campus
- Ms Jeanette Steer - Gold Coast campus
- Mr Adam Stodden - Mt Gravatt campus
Marketing Communications Officer
Professional Experience Office
- Ms Sarah Buckler - Administrator - Gold Coast, Logan and Mt Gravatt
- Ms Melissa Parker - Placement Officer - Secondary Mt Gravatt and Logan programs
- Ms Lauretta Roebuck - Placement Officer - Primary Mt Gravatt programs
- Mrs Renee Hogben - Placement Officer - Secondary Gold Coast programs
- Ms Katherine Tucker - Placement Officer - Primary Gold Coast programs
- Ms Sue Wilkinson - Team Leader - Gold Coast, Logan and Mt Gravatt
Professional Learning Hub
- Mr Shaun Charles - Technical Officer
- Ms Mary-Ellen Feldhagen - Administration Officer
- Mr David Noonan - Business Development Officer, PL Hub