Our experienced staff are dedicated to providing a high quality learning experience
Many staff in the School of Education and Professional Studies are recognised nationally and internationally as leaders in their fields with a range of teaching awards and research grants reflecting their strengths.
The academic staff bring a rich range of experiences from diverse locations and contexts in schools, industry, business and community organisations, providing a kaleidoscope of experiences for students to engage with. Many have worked in universities outside of Australia and the school has active links with leading universities nationally and internationally, helping to provide students a genuine sense of global connectedness.
Professor Beryl Exley
Deputy Head of School (Learning and Teaching)
"For me, literacy teaching and learning is a social justice issue. Students’ access to literacy implicates their life choices and thus their life chances. Teachers need to be well resourced with content knowledge and pedagogical knowledge so that they are well placed to bring out the best in their students."
Associate Professor Jeanne Allen
Coordinator, Higher Degree Research
Jeanne Allen is an Associate Professor of Teacher Education at Griffith University. She has worked in tertiary education since 2005 after an extensive career in secondary teaching and school leadership. Her research expertise is in teacher education, standardised educational contexts, teacher identity, and student engagement and retention.
Dr Mia O'Brien
Coordinator, Teacher Education and Professional Practice
Dr Mia O'Brien is a senior lecturer in the School of Education and Professional studies and is currently the Coordinator of Initial Teacher Education and Professional Experience. Her areas of specialisation are pedagogy, professional learning and the application of positive psychologies to school and classroom contexts.
- Ms Thea Anderson - Executive Support Officer (Data and Reporting)
- Ms Shelley Gawronski - PA to the Dean and Head of School
- Ms Natasha Richardson - Administrative Support Officer (Mount Gravatt campus)
- Ms Alannah Worlley - Administrative Support Officer (Gold Coast campus)
- Ms Katherine Watts- Administrative Support Officer (Mount Gravatt campus)
Program Support Officers
Academic Support Officers
Professional Experience Office
- Ms Melissa Parker - Placement Officer - Secondary Mt Gravatt and Logan programs
- Ms Lauretta Roebuck - Placement Officer - Primary Mt Gravatt programs
- Mrs Renee Hogben - Placement Officer - Secondary Gold Coast programs
- Ms Katherine Tucker - Placement Officer - Primary Gold Coast programs
Professional Learning Hub
- Mr Shaun Charles - Technical Officer
- Ms Mary-Ellen Feldhagen - Administration Officer
- Mr David Noonan - Business Development Officer, PL Hub