Follow the three steps below to apply for your program via the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre.
QTAC applications open 3 August 2021 for the Trimester 1, 2022 intake.
Applications for the Trimester 1 2022 intake open on 3 August 2021 through QTAC.
If you're an international student, apply using the international application.
There is no deadline to apply. However, it is advisable to apply by 31 October for admission the following year.
The information on this page applies only to undergraduate students.
For postgraduate information, follow the link below.
Steps to apply
Submit your application via QTAC
Apply via QTAC and select your preferred degree and/or specialisations:
- 251722 Bachelor of Music – applications close 31 August 2021
- 251782 Bachelor of Acting – applications close 31 August 2021
- 251772 Bachelor of Musical Theatre – applications close 31 August 2021.
You can choose up to three specialisations to audition for the Bachelor of Music.
Please note, you will be able to apply through QTAC from 3 August 2021.
Pay your audition fees via GriffithPAY
When applying, you must pay a non-refundable audition fee via GriffithPAY by the closing date to be guaranteed an audition in the first audition round.
- Bachelor of Music—$50 each specialisation (payable by 31 August 2021)
- Bachelor of Acting—$90 each (payable by 31 August 2021)
- Bachelor of Musical Theatre—$90 each (payable by 31 August 2021).
If you apply after the closing date, you may be considered in subsequent auditions and offer rounds if places are still available.
Multiple specialisations: if you have nominated multiple specialisations on your QTAC Bachelor of Music application, you will be required to pay a separate audition fee for each specialisation.
Please note, you will be able to pay your audition fees from 3 August 2021.
Submit a recorded audition and supporting documents
The Conservatorium is committed to the health and safety of our applicants and staff. For this reason, all auditions for the Trimester 1, 2022 intake will require applicants to submit a recorded audition as the first of a two-phase process.
After you have submitted your QTAC application and paid for your audition via GriffithPAY, the next step is to prepare your recorded audition and check if your specialisation/s have any other specific requirements, such as a folio, music or performance CV. Phase 1 recorded auditions and supporting documents due dates:
- 251722 Bachelor of Music – due by 31 August 2021
- 251782 Bachelor of Acting – due by 31 August 2021
- 251772 Bachelor of Musical Theatre – due by 31 August 2021
To prepare your recorded audition and supporting documentation, review the audition requirements relevant to the program and specialisations you are applying for. We also recommend that you check out the audition video tips and audition checklist at the bottom of this page for assistance with preparing your submission.
Once your recorded audition is ready along with the supporting documentation that is required, you are ready to submit these via the registration form below. The preferred form of video submission is YouTube or Vimeo and the preferred form of supporting documents is Google Drive or Dropbox.
How to submit your recorded audition
You will need the following information when registering:
- QTAC application number (this is a nine-digit number)
- GriffithPAY receipt number
- links to your recorded video auditions/s on YouTube or Vimeo
- link to your folio uploaded to Dropbox or Google Drive (if your chosen specialisation under the Bachelor of Music is Creative Music Technology or Composition)
- link to your music CV uploaded to Dropbox or Google Drive (if applying for the Bachelor of Music – all specialisations)
- your completed application form/performance CV (if applying for the Bachelor of Acting or Bachelor of Musical Theatre).
You will be able to submit your Phase 1 video audition and documentation here from 3 August 2021.