This Peter and Jenny Hobart Medical Bursary is designed to assist a student who is experiencing or has experienced financial difficulties and who after the clinical skills testing exam is subsequently eligible to enter their third year of study in the Doctor of Medicine.
Maximum value is $2,000 payable in instalments
Apply by: 12pm Friday 19 March 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled full-time in your third year of study in the Doctor of Medicine at Griffith University in 2021
- not be receiving any other scholarships or bursaries valued over $1,000
- be available to attend an interview
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Income and expenditure: Demonstrated financial need
- Personal statement:
- Program specific
- Health: Response to the question- ' What you have learnt about clinical skills and how this will contribute to your work after graduation'.
- Program specific
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
Maximum value is $2,000, paid in instalments. The first $1,000 instalment of will be paid into your nominated bank account up to six weeks after the census date in which your scholarship is awarded. The second $1,000 instalment will be paid directly to you by the Rotary Club after you attend and speak at a Rotary dinner (date to be negotiated). All payments are made subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
The Peter and Jenny Hobart Medical Bursary is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Southport.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- attend and speak at a Rotary dinner (date to be negotiated) to receive the second instalment
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the bursary was awarded
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.