The Griffith University Refugee Scholarship is for commencing students who have experienced financial hardship, and/or educational disadvantage that has impacted their ability to achieve their full potential.
The scholarship has a maximum value of $20,000, paid in installments of $2,500 for a maximum of eight payments.
Application closed for 2020.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be a Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be commencing University for the first time in an undergraduate degree, this includes school leavers and non-school leavers
- demonstrate financial disadvantage by either being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment or a comprehensive assessment by the University
- not have previously commenced or completed the requirements for an Australian Bachelor award unless such award is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate program of enrolment and there is no alternate pathway into that program. In exceptional circumstances, with the approval of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) consideration may be given to students who have already completed a degree which is not a pre-requisite to their current program;
- applicants in receipt of one of the following scholarships are ineligible for the Griffith University Refugee Scholarship- Centrelink Start-Up Scholarship or Relocation Grant.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Tertiary Education History
- Secondary Education History
- Income and Expenditure
The assessment is made on the basis of an assessment in accordance with the following five categories:
- Financial Hardship
- Home Environment and Responsibilities
- English Language Difficulty
- Personal Illness and Disability
- Educational Disruption
The scholarship has a maximum value of $20,000, paid in instalments of $2,500 for a maximum of eight payments.
Payments are made within six weeks after the census date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to meet the terms and conditions in the Equity Scholarships Policy
Applications, including referee reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.