The GBS Strategic Advisory Board have chosen to make an impact on the next generation of globally responsible business leaders, through the creation of the GBS Strategic Advisory Board Scholarship.
The scholarship is to support the students who are experiencing financial hardship and are in their second year or above in an undergraduate or dual degree within the Griffith Business School.
Maximum value is $4,000, payable in instalments.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or New Zealand Citizen
- be enrolled in full-time study at Griffith University in a bachelor degree or dual degree within the Griffith Business School
- be in at least their second year of study - completed a minimum of 80 credit points, (must have 2 trimesters of full-time study remaining)
- have a minimum GPA 5.5
- not be in receipt of other scholarship funding from any other source—Griffith funding or external funding.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- referee details: two references—a reference from a lecturer/academic and a personal/character reference. References may be uploaded as documents.
- Income and expenditure
- Personal Statements:
- Career goals and aims: a statement about yourself and your personal ambitions and how the School will help achieve those ambitions
- Supporting documentation: you must upload the following in the supporting documentation section (please use only the following formats: PDF, Word, jpeg or Excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted):
- Please provide your Centrelink statements
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Maximum value is $4,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $2,000 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester in which all conditions are met, up to the maximum value of the scholarship.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the census date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
The Griffith Business School Strategic Advisory Board (the Board) provides the Pro Vice Chancellor (Business) and the Griffith Business School Senior Leadership Team with strategic advice. They promote the School to networks, organisations and individuals that are of strategic importance to the School, and to assist in attracting sponsorships, scholarships and donations.
The Board wish to create this Scholarship to assist students within the GBS community. The Board have chosen to create this opportunity by helping to remove or at least reduce institutional barriers, and by helping students overcome other personal barriers that they encounter in their quest for higher education.
Given this commitment, the Board have chosen to make an impact on the next generation of globally responsible business leaders. Through the creation of the Griffith Business School Strategic Advisory Board Scholarship they aim to support those students who demonstrate the talent, but are financially disadvantaged, to realise their full potential.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled full-time at Griffith University in a bachelor degree or dual degree within the Griffith Business School at census date
- maintain a minimum GPA 5.5
- not hold another scholarship
- agree to meet with the donor and feature in marketing materials to promote the scholarship.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions. it is at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee to withhold the trimester instalment, or terminate the scholarship. The recipient must show cause to the Scholarships Office why the scholarship should not be cancelled.
Applications, including any supporting documentation and referee reports, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be required to provide additional information. The Scholarship sub-committee will interview the short-listed candidates.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.