The Australian Federation of Air Pilots and Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund Scholarship is to assist Griffith University Aviation students in their pursuit of becoming a professional pilot.
Valued at $3,000 each made in a one-off payment.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled in the second year of the Bachelor of Aviation (1517) (completed a minimum of 80CP) or be enrolled in the Graduate Diploma of Flight Management (4188)
- have a GPA of 3.75 or above
- not be a previous recipient of the Australian Federation of Air Pilots and Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund Scholarship
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Leadership and Community: Social responsibility through engagement and commitment in community and industry activities, with the aim to achieve prospective career objectives
- Income and Expenditure - financial need
- Personal Statements:
- Career goals/Community involvement: Demonstrate the personal qualities to become a commercial pilot such as airmanship, leadership and the respect of their peers
- Experience: Social responsibility through engagement and commitment in the community and industry
- Program Specific
- Aviation: Demonstrated practical competencies gained through practical experience (i.e. Laboratory works or projects undertaken throughout the semester/s)
* Applicants must be available to be interviewed by the assessment panel
There are two scholarships available valued at $3,000 each (one for a Bachelor of Aviation student and one for a Graduate Diploma of Flight Management student), each paid in a one-off cash payment.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
The Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP) is a professional association and industrial organisation representing commercial pilots in Australia. Australian Federation of Air Pilots representation covers pilot members in industrial, technical and operational matters in the Australian commercial aviation industry.
The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund (MBF) is Australia's premier provider of loss or license protection for commercial pilots. The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund provides financial support to pilots and their families throughout the most difficult time in their careers.
The Federation and the Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund have a proud history of supporting aviation education through a university scholarship program in co-operation with a number of academic aviation institutions in Australia. Together AFAP and MBF would like to extend this program to Griffith University, by offering two scholarships (one each for a second and third year student or a Graduate Diploma of Flight Management student) of $3,000 each to assist aviation students in their pursuit of becoming a professional pilot.
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
You must also be prepared to share your contact details with the donor.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.