Sponsored by Estate of Ronald Clifford Davis.
Cash prize/s up to a total of approximately $7,500.
Date of competition
Monday 19 August 2019 at 6.30 pm.
Friday 9 August 201 by 4 pm.
Ian Hanger Recital Hall
Awarded to a Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University male violin student presently undertaking violin studies at the Conservatorium, or a male violin student who has graduated from the Conservatorium, and is able to provide evidence that they are financially disadvantaged.
- Competitors are required to perform three pieces lasting no more than 15 minutes in total. The selection panel will choose what piece(s) it wishes to hear of those submitted.
- All applicants must attach to their entry forms a detailed letter (not less than 500 words) indicating their:
- financial circumstances
- need for the scholarship
- their future and postgraduate study plans at an institution in Australia or overseas or with a private tutor overseas.
- The Director may award a prize to an eligible student on the recommendation of the panel without an audition.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of three judges, such judges being appointed by the Director (or their nominee).