Sponsored by Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University.
Cash prize of $1,000.
Date of competition
Tuesday 8 August 2019 at 6.30 pm.
Friday 27 September 2019, by 4 pm.
Ian Hanger Recital Hall.
- Awarded to a Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University student for excellence in performance, composition or academic studies to complete postgraduate studies at an approved school of music, university in Australia or overseas institution.
- Previous winners of this scholarship are ineligible to apply.
Performance applicants are to prepare a 15 minute programme of their own choice. Choice of programme and performance from memory will be taken into account by the judges. A short interview with the judges will be required.
Applicants applying on the basis of Composition will be required to submit a portfolio of work including scores, recordings, list of performances etc. A 30 minute interview with the judges will be required.
Academic Studies applicants
Applicants applying on the basis of Academic Studies will be required to submit a portfolio including evidence of scholarly work of a high standard, published or unpublished papers, evidence of conference attendance and presentations etc. A 30-minute interview with the judges will be required.
- The prize will be awarded for excellence in performance, composition or academic studies. Applications must be supported by details of academic record, programme of study proposed and other accomplishments (CV), all of which shall be taken into consideration in making an award of a prize. Any applicant will be required to give a public performance in competition with other applicants or will submit a composition as part of the adjudication.
- The adjudication panel for the prize is to comprise the QCGU Heads of Areas (or their nominees).
- No judge may be the teacher of a student who is competing.
- The judging panel may co-opt specialist members to provide advice on these applications.