Sponsored by The Late Minnie May Bussey.
Value and conditions
Cash prize of $500.
Date of competition
Thursday 29 August 2019, 6.30 pm.
Friday 23 August 2019.
Ian Hanger Recital Hall.
- Awarded to a Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University student for the purpose of undertaking postgraduate studies in pianoforte at the Conservatorium or an approved overseas institution.
- Previous winners of this prize are ineligible to enter.
- All competitors are required to play for between 25–40 minutes duration including five minutes for the set piece and the programme must include a work or works from each of the following categories:
- Bach, Mozart, Haydn, Scarlatti, Handel, Couperin
- Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, Schumann, Schubert, Franck
- a virtuoso piece from the Romantic, Modern or Contemporary Repertoire
- a set piece (five minutes).
- In any year when there are no entries of a sufficiently high standard, no prize shall be awarded.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of three judges, such judges being appointed by the Director or his nominee. No judge mat be the teacher of a student who is competing.