Sponsored by Mr Sidney Cliffe.
Cash prize approx. $1,700.00 (shared equally between recipients).
Date of Competition
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions for 2020, this event has been deferred and will be rescheduled in 2021.
Rescheduled to 2021.
Ian Hanger Recital Hall
- Any QCGU keyboard student undertaking third year undergraduate study or higher is eligible to apply
- Any QCGU singer undertaking third year undergraduate study or higher is eligible to apply as the collaborative partner of a pianist
- Applicants must submit an application by the date as indicated on the application form, in order to present to the judging panel on the date as advertised of the intended scholarship year
- An adjudication panel will comprise the Head of Keyboard and the Head of Vocal Studies and/or their nominees. No adjudicator shall be the teacher of any applicant
- The applicants, pianist and singer, will be required to present two pieces of vocal art song repertoire – (other languages acceptable eg German lieder, French melodie etc) but no operatic aria; the pianist will also play one solo piece of piano repertoire of their choice of between 5 and 8 minutes duration
- The pianists and singers will be interviewed by the Panel
- At the discretion of the panel, the scholarship may be awarded to one or two partnerships.