Sponsored by String and Keyboard departments.
Cash prize of approximately $500 to be split equally between both musicians.
Date of competition
Preliminary: Monday 9 September 2019 at 6.30 pm.
Final: Monday 16 September 2019 at 6.30 pm.
Friday 30 August 2019 by 4 pm.
Ian Hanger Recital Hall.
- Duos to comprise either Violin/piano, viola/piano, cello/piano or double bass/piano.
- The prize will be awarded to a Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University student duo judged to have performed, in competition, the best sonata for stringed instrument and piano.
- In 2019 all competitors are required to play a sonata of their own choice.
- Judges are to be appointed by the Director.
- No judge may be the teacher of a student who is competing.