Sponsored by String and Keyboard departments.
Cash prize of approximately $500 to be split equally between both musicians.
Date of competition
Preliminary round: 6:30pm Monday 14 September 2020.
Final: 6:30pm Tuesday 22 September 2020.
4:00pm Friday 4 September 2020.
Ian Hanger Recital Hall.
- Duos to comprise either Violin/piano, viola/piano, cello/piano or double bass/piano.
- The prize will be awarded to a Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University student duo judged to have performed, in competition, the best sonata for stringed instrument and piano.
- In 2020 all competitors are required to play a sonata of their own choice.
- Judges are to be appointed by the Director.
- No judge may be the teacher of a student who is competing.