Our Human Research Ethics Committee was established in accordance with the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research
Key functions of the committee include:
- developing guidelines that satisfy ethical standards articulated in the current edition of the National Statement
- advising on appropriate policy settings and ethical review processes
- examining proposed research activities
- establishing panels for the conduct of ethical reviews
- facilitating and supporting a culture of excellent research
- providing advice on potential breaches of research ethics arrangements or regulations, codes and guidelines.
E1 and E2 applications
Applications for E1 and E2 expedited reviews can be made at any time.
Initial review outcomes for applications referred to the E1 review pathway will normally be provided within 15 working days from the date the CI approved the application.
Initial review outcomes for applications referred to the E2 review pathway will normally be provided within 20 working days from the date the CI approved the application.
These timelines may be extended depending on workload demands.
For full reviews (FR), applications are due for submission 12 working days before scheduled committee meeting dates. Please allow up to 10 working days following the meeting for the initial review outcome.
2021 Human Research Ethics Committee meeting and submission dates
* Meetings only proceed if required.
|FR submission date||Meeting date||Campus|
|15 January||2 February||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|12 February||2 March||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|12 March||6 April||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|16 April||4 May||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|14 May||1 June||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|11 June||6 July||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|16 July||3 August||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|13 August||7 September||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|10 September||5 October||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|15 October||2 November *||Nathan / Gold Coast|
|12 November||7 December||Nathan / Gold Coast|