Work with Griffith to develop an individual strategic plan tailored to your school and specifically designed to engage students and your school community in STEM
The Griffith Sciences STEM Ambassador Schools Program uniquely promotes science, technology, engineering and mathematics in Queensland and Northern NSW secondary schools.
Through this partnership program, school-appointed coordinators liaise with Science on the GO! and lead the teams of selected school students who work as STEM Ambassadors to promote STEM within their school and local community. The STEM Ambassadors inspire others and share their passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics. They work together to represent their school at Griffith University Science on the GO! events and develop individual strategic STEM plans tailored to their school.
The annual STEM ambassador Conference held during the World Science Festival at Brisbane brings together new and existing STEM ambassadors/schools to engage with Griffith Sciences experts to plan/develop activities and events for their respective school. The day includes a 2018/19 summary presentation, morning tea, break out activities, and a World Science Festival event to conclude the day whilst at South Bank in Brisbane.
STEM Ambassador Conference
Griffith University's STEM Ambassadors develop a strategic plan to engage students and peers and the school community in science, technology, engineering and mathematics at their school. Over 140 STEM Ambassadors came together to attend their annual conference at Griffith University's South Bank campus. They spent the day in leadership activities, putting together their STEM strategic plan for the upcoming year and attending the World Science Festival.
- STEM education support and access to unique Griffith University opportunities and resources
- Griffith University STEM Researcher Mentor
- Access to the STEM Ambassador Leadership Conference
- Exclusive and preferential access to Science on the GO! events and activities throughout the year
- One-on-one support throughout the year to implement your schools’ individual strategic plan
- Ambassador badges and T-shirts for all STEM Ambassadors
- Online promotion through Science on the GO! website and university social media outlets.
STEM ambassador schools
These schools are official affiliates of the STEM Ambassador Schools Program.
They are leaders in the region for driving STEM agendas from within their school and into their school communities.
- Assisi Catholic College
- Brisbane Bayside State College
- Clairvaux MacKillop College
- Calvary Christian College
- Coombabah State High School
- Coorparoo Secondary College
- Corinda State High School
- Emmanuel College
- Helensvale State High School
- Kings Christian College
- Lutheran Ormeau Rivers District School (LORDS)
- Mabel Park State High School
- Mount Gravatt State High School
- Pacific Pines State High School
- Palm Beach Currumbin State High School
- Pimpama State Secondary College
- Rivermount College
- Rochedale State High School
- Runcorn State High School
- Shailer Park State High School
- Southport State High Independant Public School
- St. Hildas
- St Michael’s College
- Stretton State College
- Sunnybank State High School
- Tamborine Mountain College
- Upper Coomera State College
- Varsity College
- Wynnum State High School.