Showcase a passion for STEM and provide a valuable experience for your students.
The 36th annual Gold Coast Schools Science Competition aimed to raise the profile of STEM in our community and encouraged students to demonstrate their STEM abilities by entering a project into one of five categories. The competition is the largest of its type in Queensland and the competition is fierce with over 400 entries received in 2022.
Registrations will open Mid 2023
- Showcase a passion for STEM and provide a valuable science experience to students
- Students get to pursue an independent project of their choice
- Provides an opportunity for students to showcase their high-quality work to an audience greater than their classroom
- An opportunity to provide recognition to quality student work
- Serve as a challenging, extra-curricular assignment that allows students to investigate a scientific problem that interests them
- Great for teachers to see their students do well beyond the classroom
- Creates a competitive spirit among students to strive for continual improvement.
- Registrations open Mid 2023
Registrations will open mid 2023
Categories for the 2023 competition include:
- Scientific Investigations
- Engineering & Technology Projects
- Classified Collections
- Communicating Science
- Environmental Action Project
Registration is open within the following divisions:
- Years 1 and 2
- Years 3 and 4
- Years 5 and 6
- Years 7 and 8
- Year 9 and 10
- Year 11 and 12
- Each entry must include a statement from teacher confirming the entry is 100% the student's work.
- Schools registering entries are to supply at least one judge for the judging process. (TBA)
- $5.00 per entry - An invoice will be sent to schools once the competition has completed.
More information will be available soon.