Stimulate interest in science and provide a valuable experience for your students.
The 33rd annual Gold Coast Schools Science Competition aims to raise the profile of STEM in our community and encourages students to demonstrate their STEM abilities by entering a project into one of six categories. The competition is the largest of its type in Queensland and the competition is fierce with over 500 entries received in 2018.
Registrations for the 2019 Science Competition are now closed
- Stimulate interest in science and provide a valuable science experience to students
- Students get to pursue an independent project of their choice
- Provides an opportunity for students to showcase their high-quality work to an audience greater than their classroom teacher
- An opportunity to provide recognition to quality student work
- Serve as a challenging, extracurricular assignment that allows students to investigate a scientific problem that interests them
- Importance for teachers in the joy of seeing their students do well beyond the classroom
- Creates a competitive spirit amongst students to strive towards continual improvement.
Registrations are now closed - as at 23 August 2019
Categories for the 2019 competition include:
- Scientific Investigations
- Engineering & Technology Projects
- Classified Collections
- Communicating Science
- Environmental Action Project
Registration is open within the following divisions:
- Years 1 and 2
- Years 3 and 4
- Years 5 and 6
- Years 7 and 8
- Year 9 and 10
- Years 11 and 12
- Each entry must include a statement from teacher confirming the entry is 100% the student's work.
- Schools registering entries are to supply at least one judge for the judging at the Queensland Academy for Health Sciences on Monday 26 August (4pm - 6.30pm). You may park in the QAHS carpark for the judging process.
- $5.00 per entry - An invoice will be sent to schools once the competition has completed.
For more information:
Download the 2019 Science Competition Booklet which provides additional information about the competition and guidelines for each category.