About this service
This service provides cyber security resilience for Griffith University, covering:
- advice and training
- incident responses
- TLS and SSL certificate management
- vulnerability scanning and penetration testing
- anti-virus software (Symantec)
- border, data perimeter and identity protection
This service is for
Griffith University staff and students.
What to expect
Advice and training
- General, awareness, advice on cyber security safe practices.
- Warnings and alerts on cyber security threats.
- Consultancy for any aspect of cyber security to a range of stakeholders.
- Advice and guidance to IT Service Centre for the support of staff and students.
- Reviews and risk assessments on cyber security solutions for any Griffith IT project.
- Incidents should first be reported to the IT Service Centre, who will then contact the Cyber Security Team.
- Support for incidents such as malware, phishing, ransomware, unauthorised access (hacking), data breaches, website defacements and other incidents.
- Recovery from incidents and identification of additional controls required.
TLS and SSL certificate management
- Management of new TLS and old SSL certificates for Griffith University servers.
- Replacement of deprecated SSL certificates (replaced with TLS).
Vulnerability scanning and penetration testing
- Initiation of self-directed Nessus scan.
- Coordination of external vendor-based penetration testing and security assessments.
- Patch, configuration, compliance auditing and malware discovery.
- Identification of sensitive data (personally identifiable information), financial and medical data.
- Identification and prioritisation of vulnerabilities in IT infrastructure and services.
- Recommendation of security controls and countermeasure to mitigate identified weaknesses.
Anti-virus software (Symantec)
- Downloadable Symantec anti-virus software to detect malware and computer-based threats.
Border, data perimeter and identity protection
- Log correlation and analysis.
- Security Operations Centre activities.
- Sector-based Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) information sharing.
- Threat trend analysis and early warning services.
Phone and onsite support available: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
There is no cost to use this service unless additional services are required.