About this service
This service provides cyber security resilience for Griffith University, covering:
- advice and training
- incident responses
- TLS and SSL certificate management
- vulnerability scanning and penetration testing
- anti-virus software (Symantec)
- border, data perimeter and identity protection.
This service is for
Griffith University staff and students.
What to expect
Advice and training
- General, awareness, advice on cyber security safe practices.
- Warnings and alerts on cyber security threats.
- Consultancy for any aspect of cyber security to a range of stakeholders.
- Advice and guidance to IT Service Centre for the support of staff and students.
- Reviews and risk assessments on cyber security solutions for any Griffith IT project.
- Incidents should first be reported to the IT Service Centre, who will then contact the Cyber Security Team.
- Support for incidents such as malware, phishing, ransomware, unauthorised access (hacking), data breaches, website defacements and other incidents.
- Recovery from incidents and identification of additional controls required.
TLS and SSL certificate management
- Management of new TLS and old SSL certificates for Griffith University servers.
- Replacement of deprecated SSL certificates (replaced with TLS).
Vulnerability scanning and penetration testing
- Initiation of self-directed Nessus scan.
- Coordination of external vendor-based penetration testing and security assessments.
- Patch, configuration, compliance auditing and malware discovery.
- Identification of sensitive data (personally identifiable information), financial and medical data.
- Identification and prioritisation of vulnerabilities in IT infrastructure and services.
- Recommendation of security controls and countermeasure to mitigate identified weaknesses.
Anti-virus software (Symantec)
- Downloadable Symantec anti-virus software to detect malware and computer-based threats.
Border, data perimeter and identity protection
- Log correlation and analysis.
- Security Operations Centre activities.
- Sector-based Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) information sharing.
- Threat trend analysis and early warning services.
Phone and onsite support available from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
There is no cost to use this service unless additional services are required.
We are very interested in hearing what you think of our services