Latest updates

From 6.00 am, 15 April 2021, restrictions eased across Queensland. You do not need to wear a mask anywhere on campus if you can maintain physical distancing of 1.5 m. Please wear a mask in busy places where you cannot physical distance, or there is an existing health and safety requirement to do so (such as in clinical settings).

Please visit your supporting information site for further details.

Student advice and support

Your health, safety and wellbeing is our number one priority.

Please check your emails for further updates.

Griffith University continues to take the threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19) seriously.

A specialist team is in place to manage our response to the virus, following the advice of government and health authorities.

This website is being reviewed regularly and will include the latest information for students and staff on any impact on University operations.

Return to campus

We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, so that we can adjust our Return to Campus plans if necessary.

Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of our community is a key consideration in our approach to working and studying on campus.

The approach takes into consideration physical distancing requirements in classes, laboratories and around our campuses.

Students have the flexibility to continue their studies online for the remainder of the trimester, should they wish.

Staff should speak with their managers about flexible working arrangements.

Student-facing services (except computer labs and Health and Medical Services) remain available online.

Queensland borders

COVID-19 hotspots are updated regularly. For the latest information: visit the Queensland Government border restrictions webpage.

If you are planning to travel interstate, please continue to monitor government webpages for any changes in the approach to borders and returning to Queensland. Approved domestic travel is subject to any state or territory restrictions.

As a reminder, there is no Staff travel for University purposes to declared hotspots, and no international travel permitted without prior approval from the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), Chief Operating Officer, or Vice Chancellor as appropriate.

Public resources and further information




Travel and visa

Contact Health and Medical Services

PLEASE NOTE: Telehealth consultations are now available. Please book online or contact your desired location.

Digital Campus

(07) 3735 7299
If you are in a medical emergency, call 000 (triple zero) for ambulance from any phone or 112 from a mobile

Gold Coast

(07) 5552 8734
Level 1, Student Centre (G33)
University Drive, Southport QLD 4215


(07) 3735 7299
Level 1, Sewell (N12)
Kessels Road, Nathan QLD 4111

After hours

Gold Coast and Nathan

National Home Doctor Service

137 425

Domestic students/staff

13 HEALTH is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders.

You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.

13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)

International students

Allianz Global Assistance offers OSHC and OVHC Visitors Plus members a service that allows you to speak to a qualified doctor 24/7 via phone or video call.

See their website for more information about this free service.


For all medical emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) for ambulance from any phone or 112 from a mobile. Then report the emergency to Griffith security, call 3735 7777.

Visit the emergency room of nearby public hospital (free emergency care to Australian residents):

  • The Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital at Cnr Kessels Rd and Troughton Rd, Coopers Plains
  • Princess Alexandra Hospital at 199 Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba
  • Gold Coast University Hospital at 1 Hospital Blvd, Southport