Since inception, Griffith University has led the way and had an ongoing commitment to the environment and sustainability.
We recognise the critical role that universities have in achieving the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals, adopted in September 2015.
Our teaching, research and engagement programs are linking with the Sustainable Development Goals to equip the next generation of leaders, innovators and decision makers with the knowledge and skills to tackle global challenges.
Find out about Griffith University’s sustainable development goals below.
We agree to:
- support and promote the principles of the Sustainable Development Goals
- undertake research that provides solutions to sustainable development challenges
- provide the educational opportunity for our students to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development
- contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals by ensuring our campuses and major programs are environmentally sustainable and socially inclusive, and
- report on our activities in support of the Sustainable Development Goals