A number of scholarships are available to assist research candidates who are at the writing-up stage of their candidature. This scholarship is known as the Griffith University Completion Assistance Postgraduate Research Scholarship (CAPRS).
There are four competitive application rounds per year. The Dean, Griffith Graduate Research School, meets with a panel of the University’s Deans (Research) or their nominee to determine the awardees. The scholarships are awarded to candidates who, in the opinion of the panel, best meet the CAPRS selection criteria.
The thesis must be submitted on or before the scholarship expiry date. At the time of application, applicants must lodge a completion plan that corresponds with the proposed scholarship start and end dates. The completion plan must include individual tasks to be completed and dates for completion.
Scholarship holders must submit a progress report approximately halfway through the tenure of the scholarship. Scholarship holders will be advised of the report due date on commencement of the scholarship. If progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, a decision will be made as to whether to terminate the scholarship.
Successful applicants who take up the CAPRS will be ineligible to apply for the Publication Assistance Scholarship.
The scholarship rate will be at the Research Training Program Stipend rate at the time of payment, and is funded by the Griffith Graduate Research School. In the event that the candidate does not submit the thesis by the scholarship expiry date, 50% of the scholarship value will be borne by the candidate's Element or Group. The period of tenure of a scholarship will normally be between 8 and 10 weeks, paid as two lump sum payments. 50% of the value of the scholarship will be paid on commencement and 50% upon approval of a satisfactory progress report and intention to submit form.
Scholarships will be available only to those who:
- Are enrolled in a higher degree research doctoral program at Griffith University and are able to enrol full-time for the duration of the scholarship
- Have completed a minimum of 24 months full-time equivalent (FTE) enrolment
- Will not be in receipt of any other full living allowance stipend during the tenure of the scholarship
- Have sufficient effective full-time candidature remaining to complete their thesis within the tenure of the scholarship and before their maximum
- Have not received an extension to their maximum submission date.
Successful applicants who accept their CAPRS offer will be ineligible to apply for the Publication Assistance Scholarship.
There are four competitive application rounds per year. Applications must be submitted with supporting documentation and appropriate signatures
(Principal Supervisor, Research Convenor, and Head of Element/Financial Delegate) by the following deadlines:
- Round 1, 2020 applications will close on 31 January 2020 (for commencement between 2 March and 29 May 2020)
- Round 2, 2020 applications will close on 1 May 2020 (for commencement between 1 June and 28 August 2020)
- Round 3, 2020 applications will close on 24 July 2020 (for commencement between 31 August and 27 November 2020)
- Round 4, 2020 applications will close on 23 October 2020 (for commencement between 30 November 2020 and 26 February 2021)
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. Please note, it is the applicant’s responsibility to secure all application signatures before the application closing date.
Candidates from the Health Group must email firstname.lastname@example.org their application for endorsement by the Dean (Research) Health Office, 3 working days prior to GGRS closing date.
Research candidates wishing to apply for the Completion Assistance Postgraduate Research Scholarship should complete and submit the application form (with supporting documentation and signatures from their principal supervisor, Research Convenor and Head of Element/Financial Delegate) via myGriffith>My Research>My Candidate Centre.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the application form is fully completed - including all signatures - prior to submitting the application via myGriffith.
Applicants from the Health Group must have their full application & supporting documentation submitted to email@example.com email address no less than 3 business days prior to the GGRS closing date.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.