Windows 7: Support ends 14 January 2020
Microsoft will discontinue Windows 7 support on January 14, 2020. After this date, technical assistance and software updates will no longer be available. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to Windows 10.
- Screen shots may differ depending on device and software versions.
- You must be on campus to set up and use the Griffith University Wi-Fi network.
- We recommend updating your device to the latest version prior to connecting or the steps may be slightly different.
- Before starting the install process, close out of all applications that use Wi-Fi/ internet access. This includes Outlook and Microsoft Office 365.
1. Forget/remove the Griffith University Wi-Fi network if you have used this network previously.
If you miss this step, the setup process may fail.
Forget/remove network: Go to your Control Panel > Network and Internet > Manage Wireless Networks > Locate Griffith network and click Remove.
Never connected before? Continue to step 2.
2. Under device Wi-Fi settings, select *Setup Griffith Wi-Fi.
4. Click Sign In.
The software will automatically detect the type of device you are using are using (MacOS). If the device detected is incorrect, use the drop-down to Select your Device.
5. Click Yes if prompted to allow SecureW2 app to make changes to your device.
Note: Some Windows machines may skip this step.
6. Click Run when prompted to download application as an .exe file.
7. Click Next when prompted to sign in.
8. Enter your Griffith Username (sNumber) and portal password > click Login.
9. Enter your Griffith Username followed by @griffith.edu.au (for both students and staff) and portal password > click Next.
Note: These credentials will provide you with access to the eduroam network when you visit other educational institution in the eduoram federation. Find out more.
10. Click Done.
Process will take a minute to process and authenticate.
11. Complete the Wi-Fi setup process.
- Select “Griffith University” as your preferred network under your device Wi-Fi Settings (network may take up to 1 minute to appear).
- Close all setup browsers.
Check you are using secure Griffith Wi-Fi
Go to your Control Panel > Network and Internet > Manage Wireless Networks > click Properties on the Griffith University network. The type of sign-in info should be set to Microsoft: Smart Card or other certificate.
You can now use Griffith University Wi-Fi network.
You may still be prompted to log into your internet access account when browsing the internet. Login here
To Remove Griffith Wi-Fi access
Go to your Control Panel > Network and Internet > Manage Wireless Networks > Locate Griffith network and click Remove.