A unique opportunity to experience what an aviation career has to offer.
The Griffith University Aviation Flight Camp is an exciting three-day non-live-in camp for Year 11 and 12 students.
Students will take part in a range of hands-on activities, connect with student mentors, hear from a variety of industry speakers along with behind the scene tours of Qantas, Airbus and the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Students have a chance to win a 1-hour trial introductory flight with Basair.
- Simulator session in the Griffith Flight Procedures Lab undertaking a virtual flight.
- Mentor lunch and presentation by industry pilots.
- Tour of the Royal Flying Doctor Service hangar.
- Behind the scenes tour of Qantas at the Brisbane Airport.
- Drone Quidditch activity
- Airbus Helicopters tour.
- Tour with BASAIR at the Archerfield airport.
- Free introductory flight with BASAIR for one lucky male and female student.
Applications for the 2019 Aviation Flight School are now closed
More information: Contact Jaclyn Barker by email, or by phone (07) 3735 3924
The camp is open to Year 11 and 12 students from a Queensland school. Students will need to gain approval from their school (Principal/ Guidance Officer or current teacher) along with parenteral consent.
There are 24 positions available and students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Currently studying in grade 11 or 12 in Queensland.
- Able to attend the three-day non-live in camp from the 8 – 10 April 2019 at Griffith University Nathan campus.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in aviation.
The student must also supply answers to the following questions (150 words or less per question):
- What motivates you to pursue a career in aviation?
- Why do you want to attend this camp?
- Have you had any prior aviation related exposure (e.g. attended air shows/Griffith Open Day or used a flight simulator)?
- Did you participate in the Flight Camp in 2018?
Provide a reference from the Guidance Officer/Career Counsellor or teacher.