A unique opportunity to experience what an aviation career has to offer.
The Griffith University Aviation Flight Camp is an exciting three-day non-live-in camp for Year 10 and 11 students.
Students will take part in a range of hands-on activities, connect with student mentors, hear from a variety of industry speakers along with behind the scene tours of Qantas, Airbus and the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Students have a chance to win a 1-hour trial introductory flight with Basair.
- Simulator session in the Griffith Flight Procedures Lab undertaking a virtual flight.
- Mentor lunch and presentation by Industry Pilots.
- Tour of the Royal Flying Doctor Service Hangar.
- Behind the scenes tour of Qantas at the Brisbane Airport.
- Opportunity to attend Mentoring Aviators Through Education Support (MATES) group to network with current Griffith Aviation students and gain insights to the study and industry.
- Tour with Airbus.
- Tour with BASAIR at the Archerfield airport.
- Free introductory flight with BASAIR for one lucky male and female student.
- Download and fill out the application form.
- Students will need to gain approval from a nominated school contact officer and parental consent.
- Return application via email to email@example.com by the closing date.
Applications close: Friday 31 August 2018.
Cost: $80 (payable when accepted)
More information: Contact Jaclyn Barker by email, or by phone (07) 3735 3924
The camp is open to Year 10 and 11 students from a Queensland school. Students will need to gain approval from their school (Principal/ Guidance Officer or current teacher) along with parenteral consent.
There are 24 positions available and students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Currently studying in grade 10 or 11 in Queensland.
- Able to attend the three-day non-live in camp from the 25 – 27 September 2018 at Griffith University Nathan campus.
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in aviation.
The student must also supply answers to the following questions (150 words or less per question):
- What motivates you to pursue a career in aviation?
- Why do you want to attend this camp?
- Have you had any prior aviation related exposure (e.g. attended air shows/Griffith Open Day or used a flight simulator)?
Provide a reference from the Guidance Officer/Career Counsellor or teacher.