A unique opportunity to experience what an aviation career has to offer.
The Griffith University Aviation Flight Camp is an exciting two-day non-live-in camp that offers Year 11 and 12 students a unique opportunity
to experience what an aviation career has to offer.
On day one, students will take part in a range of hands on activities, connect with student mentors and hear from a variety of industry speakers. On day two, students will choose to attend one of the two behind the scene day trip tours. See the full itineraries below.
- Simulator session in the Griffith Flight Procedures Lab undertaking a virtual flight.
- Mentor lunch and presentation by industry representatives from Basair, Qantas, Airbus, Virgin and Aerodrome Operations.
- Tour of the Royal Flying Doctor Service hangar.
- Behind the scenes tour of Qantas and Virgin Hangars at the Brisbane Airport.
- Drone Quidditch activity.
- Brisbane airport Airside tour and presentations from Airside operations
- A variety of on campus activities hosted by the Griffith Aviation Student Mentors
**FLIGHT CAMP POSTPONED**
In the interests of prioritising the health and wellbeing of our staff and students during what are exceptional circumstances, we have decided to postpone the Flight Camp until further notice.
This approach is about supporting wider efforts to contain and slow the spread of COVID-19.
Griffith has a role to play in this endeavour and postponing various non-essential events ensures we can instead focus on delivering the University’s core businesses of teaching and learning and research in these uncertain times.
Thank you for your understanding around this postponement.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
To apply, students will need to fill out and submit the attached application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Students must fill out all questions on the application form and submit the requested supporting documentation. The cost of the camp is $80 and is payable when accepted.
For more information about the camp, please email email@example.com or phone (07) 3735 3924.
Applications close Friday 20 March 2020
The camp is open to Year 11 and 12 students from a Queensland school. Students will need to gain approval from their school (Principal/ Guidance Officer or current teacher) along with parenteral consent.
Students must provide a reference from the Guidance Officer/Career Counsellor or teacher and their latest report card.