As an Athena SWAN member, Griffith is addressing the equity issues that Women in STEMM face with an evidence based approach.
In December 2018, we were recognised for our commitment to addressing gender inequality in STEMM, by being among the first Australian institutions to receive an Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award.
Progress to Date
Mar - Aug 2018
- Griffith submitted Bronze application
- Women in STEMM Coordinator commenced
- The Griffith Pay, Conditions and Benefits website was reviewed and amended
- A pilot version of SBS cultural competency modules commenced and available on Learning@Grffith
Sept – Dec 2018
- First meetings of the Athena SWAN Implementation committee
- Revised Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Policy was approved
- The Griffith Celebrates our Remarkable Women video is used in candidate attraction efforts
- Improved paid Parental Leave and Domestic Violence provisions in Enterprise Agreements
- In December, we were awarded the Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional award.
2019 and onward
- Exit survey and data collection mechanisms will be integrated into current processes.
- Introducing a Griffith STEMM Academic Carer Support Fund (including Parental Leave support and Carer Funding)
- Reviewing disability inclusion in the employee life cycle
- Fellowships. scholarships and development opportunities will be established.
- Continuous monitoring and re-alignment of the Athena SWAN action plan.
- …and more initiatives to come!